• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

atia2

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Can somebody post the lasts that are best for a low instep?

I own the 348, which fits great, but wanted to know other low instep options for C&J.

Help is appreciated!

I have a very shallow foot and the 363 worked well for me recently (see the boot above). The Jermyn Street staff kindly added full leather insoles, which helped a lot.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the top speed hooks in my otherwise brand new Islays (3 wears) just came off while I was driving. It seems broken and I don't think it can be reattached.

Should I email C&J to see if they can send me a replacement? Or should I try and go to a local cobbler. It won't be identical I guess and I live in a small town where I'm pretty sure cobblers don't usually deal with 450 pound boots.

Last edited:

Tuur

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can somebody post the lasts that are best for a low instep?

I own the 348, which fits great, but wanted to know other low instep options for C&J.

Help is appreciated!

The 360-handgrade last. Comes with full insoles standard.

Last edited:

Skyfell

Reaction score

One of the top speed hooks in my otherwise brand new Islays (3 wears) just came off while I was driving. It seems broken and I don't think it can be reattached.

Should I email C&J to see if they can send me a replacement? Or should I try and go to a local cobbler. It won't be identical I guess and I live in a small town where I'm pretty sure cobblers don't usually deal with 450 pound boots.

If happened to mine Mickey I would ring or email Crockett and Jones to complete repair under warranty.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If happened to mine Mickey I would ring or email Crockett and Jones to complete repair under warranty.

Thank you, I just used the contact form in their website.

These are the pictures I linked:

I'm a bit puzzled this happened to essentially brand new boots, especially at this price. I didn't feel I was wearing them too tightly laced or anything.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I own a pair of northcote since 2010 and the dainite sole on one of the shoe is damaged (on the toe, no idea what I kicked). Should I send back to CJ, no idea how much recrafting is, but upper is in good condition that I feel its a waste of money.

My other alternative is B. Nelson, though probably not that cheap either? Any of you guys would suggest some other rubber sole other than dainite?

My Nothcote has been my go to bad weather boots for years

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shoe Shine Shunday! (x post apols)

Stable for the week, Duchess dropped a pair in on the sly!

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

Thank you, I just used the contact form in their website. These are the pictures I linked: I'm a bit puzzled this happened to essentially brand new boots, especially at this price. I didn't feel I was wearing them too tightly laced or anything.
That happened to a pair of brand new AS; didn't even get to try them on; the top one just popped off. Get it warrantied.

Skyfell

Reaction score
Thanks Cleav,

Life wouldn't be worth living if Mrs Sky caught me getting polish on carpet
:nest:

:smarmy:

Last edited:

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Recently, I received a couple of new pairs of C&J shoes: 341 Sydney 9.5E loafers in dark brown burnished calf (on left) and 348 Edgeware 10E oxfords in dark brown burnished calf (on right). (@Cleav agreed, the dark brown burnished calf are great, mate. Thanks for the earlier advice!)

The new Sydney loafers will join my earlier ones in black calf, to form a mated pair.

The Edgeware oxfords are my alternative to MTO Westbourne in dark brown burnished calf. However, I may end up getting both. Hmm.

I sent a pair of Sydney loafers in snuff suede back for exchange for MTO Teign loafers in snuff suede, i.e. exactly the same as the stock model available from C&J France. Alas, I tried unsuccessfully to source a pair via C&J UK. So, I will be forced to go down the MTO route, if I can't source a pair directly from C&J France presently.

@PCK1 again, thanks for recommending the sleeker Teign loafers to me, which I prefer over the more chunky Sydney loafers as my preferred C&J suede loafers.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I just used the contact form in their website.

These are the pictures I linked:

I'm a bit puzzled this happened to essentially brand new boots, especially at this price. I didn't feel I was wearing them too tightly laced or anything.

Just got a response from C&J saying they will send me some hooks to be installed by my local cobbler. They also said that if there's any issue I can send them the boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads