• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

MiamiLex

Reaction score

Hello, I would like to order online some Coniston as I have no C&J dealer close to where I live.
But I am having a hard time to figure out the right size I should order. I hope you guys can help me.
One shop online told me to go for UK 8 and another one UK 8.5. Some guy who seams to have a foot about same size as me told me go for UK 7.
I'm kind of confuse here.

The shoes : Coniston in last 325.

My foot : 26,3cm (10.354inch) long, 10cm (3.937inch) at largest.

Thanks.

Email the Jermyn street stores with your foot measurement and they can let you know the appropriate fit. I've done this in the past and had a pleasant experience.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, I would like to order online some Coniston as I have no C&J dealer close to where I live.
But I am having a hard time to figure out the right size I should order. I hope you guys can help me.
One shop online told me to go for UK 8 and another one UK 8.5. Some guy who seams to have a foot about same size as me told me go for UK 7.
I'm kind of confuse here.

The shoes : Coniston in last 325.

My foot : 26,3cm (10.354inch) long, 10cm (3.937inch) at largest.

Thanks.

What other shoes/sizes do you wear?

belleamie

Reaction score
I live in NY, where we have a local C&J retailer in downtown Manhattan.

Length of my foot = 27.3cm (or thereabout), and the widest width is about 10.8cm. I own 6 pairs of C&J, all bought at this local C&J store, and all of which are UK 9.5E (or size 10.5 in US terms).

Your size may well be a UK 9E, but please don't take my word for it ! Hope this helps.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live in NY, where we have a local C&J retailer in downtown Manhattan.

Length of my foot = 27.3cm (or thereabout), and the widest width is about 10.8cm. I own 6 pairs of C&J, all bought at this local C&J store, and all of which are UK 9.5E (or size 10.5 in US terms).

Your size may well be a UK 9E, but please don't take my word for it ! Hope this helps.

Where are you getting C&J downtown?

belleamie

Reaction score
Actually, I should have said midtown, not downtown . . . off 56th between 5th and 6th, but more toward 5th, to be precise, and next to Suarez. Ask for a Kevin or a Rene, these guys help me with the fittings usually.

atomfr

Reaction score
Email the Jermyn street stores with your foot measurement and they can let you know the appropriate fit. I've done this in the past and had a pleasant experience.

I just sent an email, thank you.

What other shoes/sizes do you wear?

Well, the truth is that it is the first "real" shoes I want to buy. Until know I only had poor leather quality shoes or sneakers. I looked to others : Alfred Sargent Selkirk, Barker Lambourn because they were less expansive but finaly decided for the Coniston even if they cost more money because I had a flash when I saw them first time. My casual shoes are usually 41 / 42 (french size). So I can't really compare with other quality shoes sizes.

My foot is 26.3 cm, not 27.3cm, so I believe UK 9E is way too big for me.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted this on the MTO thread, but thought they deserved to be here too. Damn I love these boots!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

THanks PCK1 and jssdc. Will follow your suggestions and polish them off.

What's the next step down from the 348 last in terms of slightly less tapering/elongated toe but still with an elegant profile? The 348 is growing on me as I see more pics of it (e.g. above from Cleav and Steffanbp), but my brain is going to have to get used to that extra 1/4 inch in the toe relative to other shoes lest I stub my toe on steps, which would be a disaster. I like the Carmina Rain last, if that provides a reference point.

The Rain and 348 lasts are very different. If the 348 fits you well, the Rain won't likely fit well.

Rain is similar to the 320 last, in that they accommodate high insteps. The 348 is a low instep last.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Posted this on the MTO thread, but thought they deserved to be here too. Damn I love these boots!

For me the superb finish work of the shell and perfection of the construction on things like the welt stitching are what really take the boot up to another level.

68Bullitt

Reaction score
Hoit,

Those boots look amazing! I'm a bit bummed that I missed out on the MTO. So I plan on ordering the Harlech later this year and will switch out the leather sole for a Ridgeway sole. Btw, thank you for your sizing advice regarding the Marlow.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hoit,

Those boots look amazing! I'm a bit bummed that I missed out on the MTO. So I plan on ordering the Harlech later this year and will switch out the leather sole for a Ridgeway sole. Btw, thank you for your sizing advice regarding the Marlow.

No worries - I hope the sizing helped? I highly recommend C&J whiskey. It is incredible in the sunlight - like you've dipped your feet in molten gold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads