• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

eddiemczee

Reaction score
I saw that this was asked before, but wanted a second opinion. What's the best color of Saphir shoe creme to use with C&J Islays in dark brown country grain? My instinct tells me to go dark brown, but I'm still not quite sure. I've only handled the shoes once, as mine are currently being constructed, so I haven't been able to take a boot in to a shoe store for a side by side comparison.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cottesmore: really like the color.
8636063024_217c11ba77.jpg
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on buying some Black C&J Sydney loafers? They are 50% off, but sold out in brown unfortunately.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on buying some Black C&J Sydney loafers? They are 50% off, but sold out in brown unfortunately.

Black loafers aren't a good buy imo, you won't wear them much

Took some photos of shoes today, Clifford and two cleverleys rtw, still can't decide if I want to keep Clifford though

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black loafers aren't a good buy imo, you won't wear them much

Thnaks for the heads up - how about suede Sydney loafers? brown or navy

Last edited:

raphaelargus

Reaction score

Wow that is quite the size difference. I wonder if I would need to go down one whole size for the 240.

I don't know about other 240 shoes, but I wouldn't with the Peal boot. I own a Fifth Ave and the same Peal boot in the same stated US size, and the size difference is not nearly that great. I suspect there's some distortion in the picture.

The Peal boot fits like a typical C&J shoe sized 0.5 down (in UK) from US. So if you typically take 0.5 down from US in C&J's UK size, you'll probably want to get TTS. If you typically take 1.0 full size down in C&J, you might want to go 0.5 down in these Peal shell boot.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that a size 12 or so?

Those look like clown shoes to me. Elongated last + large size doesn't work

Clown shoes?:puzzled: He not asking anyone to buy, wear or like his shoes. He's only sharing some CJs that he owns and likes. ,

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clown shoes?:puzzled: He not asking anyone to buy, wear or like his shoes. He's only sharing some CJs that he owns and likes. ,

The last is narrow and long, but the picture makes it look even longer. They were actually a half-size too large, so I had to do an exchange, but they were super comfortable (unlined).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads