1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

From my understanding the sales are twice a year (which occur at the same time with the UK sales). The sales typically do not cover stock shoes such as Islays unless they are seconds. I believe the next sale starts right around boxing day?

I used to live in NYC and frequented them often during their sales.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's a sample sale essentially. Discontinued or floor models.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  3. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Is Crockett & Jone's E = Church's F ?

4. soender

soender Well-Known Member

As it's dependant on individual last's from different factories, you can't call them equal. But I would say that it's pretty close.
    FWIW, I use E in C&J (238, 325 and 341) and F in Church (100 last). I find the 341 last to have the best fit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Thanks soender. The F width (138 last) in Church's fits me well. It's a UK 6.5. I have my eyes on the Westbourne. Just wondering if I should go for a 6.5 as well.

I measured a US 8 on the brannock

6. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Thanks soender. The F width (138 last) in Church's fits me well. It's a UK 6.5. I have my eyes on the Westbourne. Just wondering if I should go for a 6.5 as well.

I measured a US 8 on the brannock device.

I've read some members here going down to 6.5 on the 348 last.

7. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

I should add that I'm a US D width on the device

8. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Thanks for the information, but what exactly are stock shoes? Do they only have the exclusives made by C&J on sale around Christmas/Boxing Day?

If so, I may as well just order me some Islays instead of waiting futilely. Wonder if they ever have sales in the UK...

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Ordering your Islays is probably a good idea.

I doubt they will discontinue those any time soon. Ask the C&J rep. on this forum for any future sale details...

10. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Uhh... dumb question. But where can I find the C&J rep on this forum?

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

^
    Member CandJONLINE I believe, try a PM...

12. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

How often do you have to re-apply the Sno-Seal? I was planning on using it for a pair of boots this winter.

13. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.

Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Monitoring my wife to ensure she's following the Mac method for breaking in her Chelsea boots. Most expensive footwear she's ever bought. I think I've created a monster...

15. CandJONLINE

CandJONLINE Well-Known Member

Dear Isbister,

There is a big possibility that we could have changed supplier in that time, although it would only have been out of necessity, following a reduction in quality of the previous leather or lack of availability etc.

All the best,
    CandJOnline

16. Surrey

Surrey New Member

[​IMG]

My Islays in Bronze Oil Nubuck/Dainite rubber soles after a few weeks of wear

1 person likes this.
  17. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

BootSpell, how did you get your wife into premium footwear? My GF wears 3yr old run over Bjorn walkers and insists that she's just fine.

18. OREO

OREO Senior member

[​IMG]
    Picked up these Tetburys today in the Crockett and Jones flagship store in London. Very happy with them and the service!

1 person likes this.
  19. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Be, why would you want your GF to be into premium footwear??? That could be distrastrous for her budget (maybe yours, too?)! Seriously, my wife usually looks for sales and buys nice enough looking shoes/boots but cheap ones. They inevitably disintegrate in a year or two. I'm not sure she's still "into" premium footwear but I'm still kinda worried.

In this case, she was waiting for me in the C&J store on Jermyn St while I was trying on boots and we were there for probably a couple of hours. She kept watching the C&J sales girls walking by and finally asked about the shoes/boots they were wearing. That was the end of that. She spent more than I did that day.

I have a feeling it was just because we were on vacation and she felt less reluctant to spend money. We'll have to see going forward. Why don't you try buying your GF a nice pair that you think she'd look good in?

20. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Those look great! Hadn't seen that makeup before. Where did you get them?

BTW, welcome to SF.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013