• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Rest in Peace (Aldershot)

Screenshot_20240331_235234_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_235241_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score
Seems like average price went up by about 100 dollars. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.
Wow. That probably prices me out. I hope this is because business is good, with demand outstripping supply, and not because they are struggling to balance the books. I guess it's better than cutting corners on quality.

ETA: It feels like a big increase over the past couple of years for me, considering base price increases but also the shift to the online sales and losing the ability to buy ex-VAT. Glad I stocked up when I did and hoping these shoes truly last decades.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Reaction score
Wow. That probably prices me out. I hope this is because business is good, with demand outstripping supply, and not because they are struggling to balance the books. I guess it's better than cutting corners on quality.

ETA: It feels like a big increase over the past couple of years for me, considering base price increases but also the shift to the online sales and losing the ability to buy ex-VAT. Glad I stocked up when I did and hoping these shoes truly last decades.
Although they have a limited C&J selection, Bodileys of Northampton offers pricing relief for people outside the UK. I recently bought Salcombe khaki suede loafers from them. They basically remove a large part of the Value Added Tax.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what will be a replacement for this model in the next AW season as they will not probably introduce a new boots in SS2024.
They are shrinking their boot range it seems and concentrating on a "less is more" approach where quality not quantity seems the motto.
Just filter and look for "derby boots" on their website, and you realise that their boot collection is now mainly comprising of a varieties of Conistons and Islays. A tad bit disappointing if your not a Coniston or Islay fanboy

Aurdelon

Reaction score
They are shrinking their boot range it seems and concentrating on a "less is more" approach where quality not quantity seems the motto.
Just filter and look for "derby boots" on their website, and you realise that their boot collection is now mainly comprising of a varieties of Conistons and Islays. A tad bit disappointing if your not a Coniston or Islay fanboy
Exactly. I am not a fan of Islays. Is it a heresy here and in the GMTO thread? :D
I quite like Conistons but I would be happy if they atleast tried to change them a little bit from time to time as a seasonal drops. Different last instead of 325, 270° welt instead of 360° storm welt... Something what Viberg is doing with their Service boots. Different leathers, different lasts, cap-toe/no-cap toe, pinking etc...

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
It also has a positive side as it saves me money. Im happy with my three pairs of Conistons, two pairs of Islay’s, two pairs of Snowdon/Radnor and a pair of Skye boots. I only hope they keep their resolving business running. I guess i have enough boots for the rest of my life.

Moostyle

Reaction score
An atypical opinion, but obviously not heresy - you didn't sat they were bad, just that they're not for you.

For the record though, you're wrong.
Well, I don't think he is wrong by saying they are not for him or to his tastes, I am sure many people don't like the styling of them.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Although they have a limited C&J selection, Bodileys of Northampton offers pricing relief for people outside the UK. I recently bought Salcombe khaki suede loafers from them. They basically remove a large part of the Value Added Tax.
So does CJ! If u buy online it’s automatic process and VAT is deducted from the price

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads