• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

gooter

Reaction score
If a Canadian were so inclined to purchase a pair of C&J boots what would be the best method to accomplish this?

Edit: I searched the thread and it looks like a few people have ordered from Robert Old. Wondering if there are better/other/newer options

Last edited:

ap10046

Reaction score

If a Canadian were so inclined to purchase a pair of C&J boots what would be the best method to accomplish this? 

Edit: I searched the thread and it looks like a few people have ordered from Robert Old. Wondering if there are better/other/newer options 

Whatcha lookin' for?

jmills

Reaction score
Ordering from the UK online retailers is pretty much chaos at this point. At the moment, it seems that Robert Old and C&J Mail Order UK are the options, but their customer service is... to put it in a 'nice' way... not the same as the traditional online retailers (who are no longer viable due to stock issues).

Jakezero

Reaction score

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Ralph...?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4607942056&_uhb=1
What are the chances!!! AND your size
Although these may be the Lindricks

I considered buying those for quite some time, but in the end I went for the Skye 2 instead even though it was sixty pounds more. Rubber sole and speed hooks on the Skye 2 made the choice for me. I also sort of prefer the heel counter of the Skye 2 to the horizontal row of brogueing on the Lindrick.

Still, for us Europeans it's a pretty good deal on the Lindrick.

The7Ups

Reaction score
Skye 2 but I'm not sure what size since I've never worn C&J before. Probably a 9.5 or 10

You may have no choice but to order this new cordovan style via C&J mailorder or at a C&J own store (UK, US). If you contact them via the website form they will post you the full mail order catalog and order form with prices and shipping in GBP.

Some have mentioned Robert Old in the UK as a good alternative stockist but my understanding is that C&J will only supply limited styles to regular bricks and mortar and ecommerce stockists. For them there is a separate stock list which is not as comprehensive as the C&J mail order list. However some stockists may be able to get around this so there is no harm in contacting Robert Old, Pediwear, Edwards of Manchester, Shoe Healer and any other stockists you can google. I believe there is a new regular stock list catalog about to launch so you never know Skye2 might be on it but I would doubt it.

From personal experience though I tried to order a pair of regular calf Skyes from Shoe Healer in the UK earlier this year but Richard could not fulfil as that style was for C&J shops and mailorder only. I also tried to get a Harlech shell boot from my local Europe based B&M shop but again response from C&J factory was the same - only available directly from C&J.

Looks lovely in shell from the photos I've seen. If you get I dont think you will be disappointed. Would love to have been able to get a shell boot as my first C&J
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Ordering from the UK online retailers is pretty much chaos at this point. At the moment, it seems that Robert Old and C&J Mail Order UK are the options, but their customer service is... to put it in a 'nice' way... not the same as the traditional online retailers (who are no longer viable due to stock issues).

Try Chistopher Forbes or C&J dirset on Jermyn Street. I wear UK 12E and they had few boots in stock, wait is under 2 weeks if not.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely call the Jermyn Street stores direct. When you do you will be speaking with a comissioned sales associate who is very motivated to get shoes into your hands. The only drawback that I've found in this regard is that they will prefer to ship DHL which often means customs fees. Ask them to ship Royal Mail as you are far less likely to be charged customs duties via the mail. Although, of course, there are never guarantees as to when you will, or won't be charged duties.

The mail order fulfillment department must not be so motivated. :embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads