** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

2. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

3. Lumaca

Lumaca Active Member

Pretty sure I heard Craig asked for Crockett and Jones, and the directors just said yes.

4. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

According to this article, Brosnan wore the (Church's) Presley monk and Craig wore the Philip and Ryder III.

It's been blogged before that Craig wears C&J's Skye in 'real life', which is what I believe he's wearing here:

[​IMG]

5. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Interesting - could see Prada spent the money needed for product placement of Church shoes, but either I underestimated the marketing budget of C&J or it must really come on request by Craig.

Curious if this will really bring C&J into the focus of a broader demographic.

6. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

C&J cannot physically meet current demands for their shoes. The extra exposure mightn't be a good thing for their regular clientele..

7. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I havn't heard of any waiting times when you order direct from C&J.

8. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Depends entirely on what model you're after at any one given time, and in what size. I had to wait several weeks for a pair of Skye to crop up in my size earlier this year, and that was with the staff at my local C&J shop on the case. From chatting to the manager, this wasn't an uncommon occurrence but obviously not everyone will experience this.

I know that their priority is keeping their own outlets stocked as far as possible, which is why some other retailers have limitations on what they can order in on a monthly basis.

9. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Neither did I, waiting times seem to affect so far the online retailers only.

Also not sure how much visibility the shoes will get in the new Bond movie and if this will really raise attention for the brand.

10. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

+ 1

And in addition c&j have a separate stock list for supplying non c&j owned stores. It's much more limited in terms of its scope and while I believe they endeavour to fulfil orders within a couple of weeks for popular shoes like say Pembroke and Cottesmore they are not always in a position to do so.

I'm sure I could walk into the London store an pick up a Cottesmore boot tomorrow or order via mail order as previous posters have suggested but my local non c&j run shop who i like to buy c&j from was told when I enquired with them that Cottesmore would be 8 weeks away in my size. And this is not the first time that there has been long lead times on regular list shoes that I have enquired about.

11. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

'

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

12. hanskl

hanskl Senior member

Could you upload some more photos of the Coniston? It truly is a beautiful boot.

13. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

These are Brooks Brothers Peal and Co. boots. I'm trying to figure out who makes these, I just bought a pair. I was told they might be CJ. Can any of you confirm that? Also, what are your opinions on these boots?

[​IMG]

14. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Yes, those are C&J. Brooks had a sole picture on their website when these were a part of their collection last fall/winter. That confirmed the maker. Just to be sure, when you receive the boots let us know what last it is on. It is normally the number underneath the size. I really like the boots as well.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

15. ap10046

ap10046 Senior member

C&J don't make anything in corrected grain leather..I asked them...!