• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m planning on selling 3 pairs of GMTO C&J boots (whisky shell Lindricks, whisky shell Galway, brown shell Lindricks). I was considering using ebay, although I do worry a bit about fraud and scams and such (people falsely claiming they never received the boots and then getting a refund as eBay usually sided with the buyer).

Any of you routinely sell items in this price range on eBay? Better to look for other avenues?
Thanks!
Size? I'm looking for those... :)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m planning on selling 3 pairs of GMTO C&J boots (whisky shell Lindricks, whisky shell Galway, brown shell Lindricks). I was considering using ebay, although I do worry a bit about fraud and scams and such (people falsely claiming they never received the boots and then getting a refund as eBay usually sided with the buyer).

Any of you routinely sell items in this price range on eBay? Better to look for other avenues?
Thanks!
I've sold several shoes in the $600-$1k range on ebay. No negative experience to date, nevertheless I'm always nervous about selling expensive shoes.

I've noticed some sellers state in their listings they will cancel the order if buyer's feedback rating is less than x number (usually 10?). Not sure if this strategy deters scammers.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Post some pics!

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I've sold several shoes in the $600-$1k range on ebay. No negative experience to date, nevertheless I'm always nervous about selling expensive shoes.

I've noticed some sellers state in their listings they will cancel the order if buyer's feedback rating is less than x number (usually 10?). Not sure if this strategy deters scammers.
Sold hundreds of items on eBay, from cheap to expensive (around $1K). Never had a problem. You can send it requiring a signature I believe, but I have never done that.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Sold hundreds of items on eBay, from cheap to expensive (around $1K). Never had a problem. You can send it requiring a signature I believe, but I have never done that.
When I sell expensive items on eBay, or even B&S, I always send with sig required. For me it’s worth the extra few bucks, for peace of mind.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.