• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m planning on selling 3 pairs of GMTO C&J boots (whisky shell Lindricks, whisky shell Galway, brown shell Lindricks). I was considering using ebay, although I do worry a bit about fraud and scams and such (people falsely claiming they never received the boots and then getting a refund as eBay usually sided with the buyer).

Any of you routinely sell items in this price range on eBay? Better to look for other avenues?
Thanks!

Size? I'm looking for those... :)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m planning on selling 3 pairs of GMTO C&J boots (whisky shell Lindricks, whisky shell Galway, brown shell Lindricks). I was considering using ebay, although I do worry a bit about fraud and scams and such (people falsely claiming they never received the boots and then getting a refund as eBay usually sided with the buyer).

Any of you routinely sell items in this price range on eBay? Better to look for other avenues?
Thanks!

I've sold several shoes in the $600-$1k range on ebay. No negative experience to date, nevertheless I'm always nervous about selling expensive shoes.

I've noticed some sellers state in their listings they will cancel the order if buyer's feedback rating is less than x number (usually 10?). Not sure if this strategy deters scammers.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!

Post some pics!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I didn’t want to violate any rules about listing things for sale or whatever. All three pairs are 7.5E UK.

CFBBB203-351E-4BC1-A21B-4C5D3F51E207.jpeg
0D34B1F2-EE77-496B-9348-5A77149B7A26.jpeg
23E5D88F-7909-4A71-967F-83849502F1E8.jpeg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I've sold several shoes in the $600-$1k range on ebay. No negative experience to date, nevertheless I'm always nervous about selling expensive shoes.

I've noticed some sellers state in their listings they will cancel the order if buyer's feedback rating is less than x number (usually 10?). Not sure if this strategy deters scammers.

Sold hundreds of items on eBay, from cheap to expensive (around $1K). Never had a problem. You can send it requiring a signature I believe, but I have never done that.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Sold hundreds of items on eBay, from cheap to expensive (around $1K). Never had a problem. You can send it requiring a signature I believe, but I have never done that.
When I sell expensive items on eBay, or even B&S, I always send with sig required. For me it’s worth the extra few bucks, for peace of mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics