• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Mallaig

Reaction score
Wore my Coniston boots a day early, had to drive into the village of its namesake for work today. One of the nicest drives in the UK passing shoe landmarks of Grasmere (correct spelling) and Keswick which is where I pulled over and took this picture overlooking the town and onto Bassenthwaite lake. That road I used to take each day to work and school before that before moving further west.. View attachment 1428213
That view is stunning. I miss traveling around England and Scotland. God willing, we will have a vaccine soon so we can travel again.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Coniston boots a day early, had to drive into the village of its namesake for work today. One of the nicest drives in the UK passing shoe landmarks of Grasmere (correct spelling) and Keswick which is where I pulled over and took this picture overlooking the town and onto Bassenthwaite lake. That road I used to take each day to work and school before that before moving further west.. View attachment 1428213

I love Coniston (place and boot!) and just the Lakes in general really.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I WANT TO ******* LIVE THERE.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh.. Chelsea Suede boot looked cool until the rubber.. Not so sure this city line is gonna work out.

Phoenician

Reaction score

stunning!!

The hiiiiillllllssss are alive with the sound of music!

F34BCA89-8B3E-4835-AA79-F8CABE87C7B3.jpeg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I so much more prefer the ridgeway or even Dainite some over the commando sole for boots. I wish Alden would consider it.
Do you prefer Dainite over commando because of aesthetics or comfort? I'm not a fan of commando on dress boots, which seems pretty common with Alden. However I find Alden boots on commando very comfortable. My experience with Dainite has varied from good (C&J and EG) to okay (Sargent) to terrible (Allen Edmonds).

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find Dainite and commando both as comfortable. It’s more the aesthetics. For the life of me I don’t understand why its also applies to their derbies. Boots I kind of get, but shoes?

I think other factors such as overall construction and last would, in combination with the sole, play a part in overall comfort.

When new, dainite is a bit stiff whereas commando seems to be softer and more forgiving right out of the box. After break in though, I find dainite very comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads