• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think US can still go to UK but 14 days quarantine, so unless you’re moving to there kind mute point

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

And Paul Stewart is US size correct.... Same rules as Brooks Brothers Peal and Co sizing?
no they go by UK sizing for English sized shoes. So on the product page it hsould note specifically, "English Sized Footwear." or something (if i rememebr correctly).

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they letting Americans into the UK ? ?
Point taken. :)

I recently saw video footage of wind turbines in the ‘New England’ area of America. It could just as easily have been some of the more picturesque areas of England. Absolutely beautiful. Which made me wonder, why would an American want to spend a lot of time, effort and money to travel to England, where it is rather expensive, when similar beauty can be enjoyed, for a lot less, in the north eastern area of the United States?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I recently saw video footage of wind turbines in the ‘New England’ area of America. It could just as easily have been some of the more picturesque areas of England. Absolutely beautiful. Which made me wonder, why would an American want to spend a lot of time, effort and money to travel to England, where it is rather expensive, when similar beauty can be enjoyed, for a lot less, in the north eastern area of the United States?

In the before times, some one from the west coast USA traveling to England wouldn't be too much more time and effort than traveling to New England. Flights to LHR were relatively cheap. But I don't know how much it would cost to fly to see Crafty's sheep.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Just received my Hansons, love them, but I have a question for you guys. The sole on the bottom left by the ball of my foot isn't as flat as the sole on the right. The inner lining is fine but when I put pressure I can feel the difference between the soles. I'm presuming as I wear these they'll even out? I'm prwsuming oak barked soles are harder than usual ones.
I had a defect and found a random shoe nail in my game sneakers I ordered so Paul Stuart gave me a 30% off code bringing these down to $270 and after I checked raise for giftcards got another 40 saved by using a giftcard. For $230ish think I should see how they break in?
15956110513438661881709167580180.jpg 15956111704525223778737736808208.jpg 15956112736221324309519673612933.jpg

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Hansons, love them, but I have a question for you guys. The sole on the bottom left by the ball of my foot isn't as flat as the sole on the right. The inner lining is fine but when I put pressure I can feel the difference between the soles. I'm presuming as I wear these they'll even out? I'm prwsuming oak barked soles are harder than usual ones. View attachment 1429778 View attachment 1429779 View attachment 1429782

it should even out with wear. Those are handsome shoes.

Mallaig

Reaction score

Must admit I am biased. I'm from Mallaig in the West Highlands. Now a US citizen living in California.

1595615805925.png

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Hansons, love them, but I have a question for you guys. The sole on the bottom left by the ball of my foot isn't as flat as the sole on the right. The inner lining is fine but when I put pressure I can feel the difference between the soles. I'm presuming as I wear these they'll even out? I'm prwsuming oak barked soles are harder than usual ones.
I had a defect and found a random shoe nail in my game sneakers I ordered so Paul Stuart gave me a 30% off code bringing these down to $270 and after I checked raise for giftcards got another 40 saved by using a giftcard. For $230ish think I should see how they break in?

What last are they on?

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Just another question. These are my first C&J handgrades so I want to be sure.

i neglected to take note of the shoes until I decoded to condition them with Cadiliac shoe conditioner and renapur leather balsam.

There's nothing odd aboit the soles? And for some reason the conditioner and balsam (I waited for it to dry before applying the second layer of balsam) left some water type marks in the leather. It isn't wet anymore, just curious if it will go away once I wear them out tomorrow? I usually condition my dress shoes once every 6 months. Just wanted to do it this time because who knows how long they have been sitting.
20200724_232847.jpg

20200724_232908.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads