• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Vote

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and also another pic of them (or similar shoes from same maker) new / thanks heli0x

withstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
just photo

love those Sutor's at the top. I have the same pair in dark brown. Have had them for a few months, wearing no more than once per week and they are aging beautifully. I think they are actually my favorite shoes (have 2 pair each of EGs and Lobbs as well as other nice shoes). Very comfortable and stylish.

I'm guessing that pair is from STF based on the photo? Worth every penny of $349.

One tip - I BELIEVE if the nail pattern on the heel consists of several clusters of three nails rather than lone nails the shoes are of Sutor's highest-end line. Can someone from the forum confirm this? STF prices the two types identically.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote B. They could use a polish, but I like the fact that there is less overhang on the sole. I also feel the toe box is a little sleeker.

Icehawk

Reaction score
It's tough because B are dull and have the laces wrong (to me at least) so they just don't look as appealing. I see what Ron is saying about the overhang but I think I prefer the slightly squarer look of A as well as the captoe seam.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by withstyle
One tip - I BELIEVE if the nail pattern on the heel consists of several clusters of three nails rather than lone nails the shoes are of Sutor's highest-end line. Can someone from the forum confirm this? STF prices the two types identically.
Both of my "mainline"/highend sutors have three nail patterns in the heal and not one. I purchased a pair of 339 lower-end Sutors from STF and the nails are the same pattern but different than the mainline sutors. The entire build of the shoe is nice but definitely a step down from the mainline build quality. These were the dark brown ones that I previously purchased
smile.gif
KF3445-1.jpg

withstyle

Reaction score
those Sutors also look a lot better in person than they do in that picture. that's a funny angle. in person you, and others, will be looking at them from the top. I don't remotely notice any sole overhang on mine.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya, I think they look great in person but was just abit uneasy about the build quality. Nice to hear yours are keeping up.

those Sutors also look a lot better in person than they do in that picture. that's a funny angle. in person you, and others, will be looking at them from the top. I don't remotely notice any sole overhang on mine.

withstyle

Reaction score
Both of my "mainline"/highend sutors have three nail patterns in the heal and not one. I purchased a pair of 339 lower-end Sutors from STF and the nails are the same pattern but different than the mainline sutors. The entire build of the shoe is nice but definitely a step down from the mainline build quality. These were the dark brown ones that I previously purchased
smile.gif

KF3445-1.jpg

those are the same shoes I have. interesting to know that the nail pattterns do not necessarily distinguish between the various lines.

Any idea on the blue soled shoes versus regular soles? I thought it used to be that the blue-soles denoted the high-end line?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are yours blue? mine came with dark brown soles and appear to be the same build quality as the blue ones. Blue soles are the lower end line I believe. All of my mainline shoes from the last several years did not have the blue bottom
those are the same shoes I have. interesting to know that the nail pattterns do not necessarily distinguish between the various lines. Any idea on the blue soled shoes versus regular soles? I thought it used to be that the blue-soles denoted the high-end line?

withstyle

Reaction score
Are yours blue? mine came with dark brown soles and appear to be the same build quality as the blue ones. Blue soles are the lower end line I believe. All of my mainline shoes from the last several years did not have the blue bottom

got it. there seems to be much misinformation out there, even on this forum, regarding Sutors... nice to hear from someone who is an obvious fan and who actually owns both lines

and my dark brown Sutors do not have blue soles. I have a black cap-toe with blue soles. was hoping both were "high-end" based on the nail design... alas I still love the shoes, even versus my egs, lobbs etc. we'll see how that statement changes as the various shoes age.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Round toe good! Square toe bad!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads