• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: Zegna suits from Off Fifth with Saks label

Manhappenin

Reaction score
Are these worth $450 or so? My understanding is that they are made from Zegna fabric but are constructed in the USA by someone else. Does anyone have any information on the quality of these suits? Thank you

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically anything that says "Loro Piana Fabric" or "Emergildo Zegna Fabric" is not a very nice suit/sport coat and try to ride off their name.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Basically anything that says "Loro Piana Fabric" or "Emergildo Zegna Fabric" is not a very nice suit/sport coat and try to ride off their name.

I agree they're riding on somebody elses brand but that doesn't mean it's a bad suit. You need to look at the thing. Plenty of small unknown tailors use the stuff and make up reasonable quality stuff. But it's up to you to judge the stuff.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've seen these... 1/2 canvassed at best and gaudy pick-stitching with bottom of the barrel Zegna fabric = not worth it IMO. Not sure about the fit though...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw these yesterday and they are quite poor. The fabric was very rough, most were fused with a thicker chest plate, and the styling was just poor.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are specifically manufactured for "Off Fifth"? So much product in the 'outlets' is actually lower quality goods that were never intended for mainline sales. This sounds like one of those situations?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone know if these are specifically manufactured for "Off Fifth"? So much product in the 'outlets' is actually lower quality goods that were never intended for mainline sales. This sounds like one of those situations?

Sometimes you can tell by the price ticket. If it had an original Saks Fifth Avenue price tag with the subsequent markdowns you know for sure it's from the original Saks store.

datsunfan

Reaction score

Sometimes you can tell by the price ticket. If it had an original Saks Fifth Avenue price tag with the subsequent markdowns you know for sure it's from the original Saks store.

There is no indication on the tags that these were ever sold in the Saks mainline stores. The range in sizes and fabrics leads me to believe that these are made for Off Fifth. Lately the Off Fifth near me has been getting in lots of Tindari suits. They also have Zegna fabric tags and the Tindari name is registered to Zegna.

There seems to be a question about the Saks suits every couple of months. Has anyone figured out who makes them? The SA I asked didn't know.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is no indication on the tags that these were ever sold in the Saks mainline stores. The range in sizes and fabrics leads me to believe that these are made for Off Fifth. Lately the Off Fifth near me has been getting in lots of Tindari suits. They also have Zegna fabric tags and the Tindari name is registered to Zegna.

There seems to be a question about the Saks suits every couple of months. Has anyone figured out who makes them? The SA I asked didn't know.

Take a photo of the tag; someone should be able to identify it from there.

datsunfan

Reaction score

I actually did that today, but it turned out very blurry and was going to take another next time I'm there. Here is the one I took today:

IMG_4312.jpg

This is from the right interior pocket and is from an American maker. There is a long thin UNITE tag in the left pocket.

Manhappenin

Reaction score

I actually did that today, but it turned out very blurry and was going to take another next time I'm there. Here is the one I took today:

IMG_4312.jpg

This is from the right interior pocket and is from an American maker. There is a long thin UNITE tag in the left pocket.

Was anyone able to figure this out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads