• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: Zegna suits from Off Fifth with Saks label

El Guapo

Reaction score
So I was at Off 5th the other day and looking at the charcoal and navy version of these suits as they have a BOGOF sales coming up which would make the suit about $350... not a bad price for a suit I can beat the crap out of. As a background, I wear a 40S in RLBL Anthony, almost a perfect fit right off the rack (I own a black sport coat w/ silver buttons and a mid-grey suit). However, I have a very hard time finding suits that fit me as well as the RLBL... I just can't come to terms with having a whole closet full of RLBL... my middle class upbringing starts kicking in.

The Saks Black label actually don't fit me bad at all. As it turns out I am 5'7" @ 180lbs (athletic but a bit stocky w/ wide shoulders) and I look best in a short vs a regular in a trim fit suit (otherwise I have to get it taken in a lot) , as long as it's a drop 7. A drop 6 in a short makes me look too square.

If I was a little thinner, the RED label "trim fit" would have worked as well. It also looks like a drop 7.

The suits I tried on were labeled as follows:

BLACK
Saks Fifth Avenue
Slim Fit

Made in the USA

w/ E Zenga cloth label

The unfortunately do appear to be fully fused (not half-canvassed) but admittedly, I am not an expert on this. The SA thought it might be half-canvassed but comparing it to my one E Zenga suit (about 8 years old) and my RLBLs I would bet on fully fused. However, the fused layer does appear softer than the Z Zegna and Hugo Boss suits out there.

Inner pocket is labeled with: RN 54784 which is supposedly Joseph Abboud

With the all the discounts in, the price should be about $300 per suit, which for a suit that fits me pretty well without much alteration is nice to have around.

El Guapo

Reaction score
I forgot to add, yes the have pick-stitching. However, on the standard navy and charcoal, it didn't look bad or too over the top. Without it

those standard suit would look a bit too bland.

Here is the label

Apollotrader

Reaction score
You will notice on the actual SFA web page that these suits are not listed.

El Guapo

Reaction score
Interesting... If you use the iPhone mobile version of the website, a wool/silk blend suit (BLACK Label Saks) that is sold only at Off 5th (per the website) is there for $599 (three colors per fabric type - stripes, mini chevron... and one other - no navy solid or charcoal). However, if you use the full website they are not there.

Mason Smith

Reaction score
I bought two suit zenja label made for Saks. This sale was buy one get one free. The price tag on one suit wa $799. The other was priced $749. They seem like they are very good quality. They are the slim fit version. I have a bonified Zegna suit in my closet that is extremly nice. These suieem O.K. Everyone seems to be bad mouthing these suits. I am a high end kind of guy who basically lives in a suit and have been buying suits for a long time.

CTLION

Reaction score
Funny you mention it. I was in a similar outlet store and tried on a Zegna suit of theirs. I own a very nice Zegna suit that feels like I am walking around in silk, but the outlet model was not of the same quality.

That being said people spend too much time looking at labels. I could care less who made my suit as long as it fits like it was made for me and it is comfortable. I wear a suit 5 days a week so I want to look good and feel good and comfortable. Now in fairness most of my suits are expensive to some, but when it's something I wear 5 out of 7 days why not buy something that fits the bill.

randomnoob

Reaction score
I just got some of these suits to try...ive never owned a suit or jacket so i dont know what to expect

First is a Saks Red ($200) in navy blue. Says made in indonesia on it. out of the bag i thought the fit was pretty good but the suit has a cheap look to it

Then today i got 3 more which were all $300 each, shipped from the same Saks off 5th store. all 3 say made in USA with Zegna fabric. 2 of them are Saks Red (trim fit) and 1 is Saks Black (slim fit). i'm not sure the Saks Black slim-fit is going to work for me -- shoulders/chest seem too narrow -- or i should have bought a larger size when they were still available, all sold out now. But the trim fit red ones are not bad

All 3 of the ones with Zegna fabric have "retail" price of $1295 crossed off (rolls eyes) and then the red sticker for "reduced" (rolls eyes) price of $768 and then ultimately they were $300 online.

If i post pics would anyone be able to judge the quality/construction?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads