• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on sizing on Allen Edmonds Mora

acesup_11

Reaction score
I am going to order a pair of Moras from Allen edmonds. They will be custom made and non refundable. I have 3 pairs of lace ups from them and I am a 9 EEE and for the driving shoes non lace shoes like the Elwood I am an 8.5EEE . Does anyone know how these run? I know they discontinued them so I cannot find them in the stores or I would try them on and or buy them there. Any help would be appreciated

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am going to order a pair of Moras from Allen edmonds. They will be custom made and non refundable. I have 3 pairs of lace ups from them and I am a 9 EEE and for the driving shoes non lace shoes like the Elwood I am an 8.5EEE . Does anyone know how these run? I know they discontinued them so I cannot find them in the stores or I would try them on and or buy them there. Any help would be appreciated

your 3 lace ups, which models are they?

find out which last those are on
find out which last the mora is on
????
profit

acesup_11

Reaction score
Elwood by Allen Edmonds
in US 8.5-EEE

Byron by Allen Edmonds
in US 9.0-EEE

Evanston by Allen Edmonds
9.0-EEE

Brooker by Allen Edmonds
US 8.5-EEE

what i have

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go...

Elwood 3 last
Byron 4 last
Evanston 3 last
Brooker 3 last
[COLOR=FF00AA]Mora[/COLOR] 8 last

I currently have 2 pairs of Mora (1 Black & 1 Brown...kicking myself for not buying the suede).
Both of mine are 10.5D
Thin Sock and No Sock Test: A Perfect fit all around. 'True to size' (TTS) fit.
Thick Sock Test: I find the toebox a tad narrow though the length is perfect.
Were I to purchase another pair (for thick sock use only) I would size up to 10.5E or possibly 11C

If you are still unsure, I would advise placing your socked foot on a piece of paper and drawing an outline and faxing it to Allen Edmonds. I am sure they will then suggest the proper size for you and this should eliminate any mis-sizing issue.
Hope this helps and be sure to post some photos when you receive them.
You'll enjoy the Mora very much.

Last edited:

acesup_11

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply I appreciate it. do you have any other lace ups and slip ons from Allen edmonds so that you could compare their sizing with the moras you own? I also wanted the suede but won't they get destroyed rather quickly with rain and or snow and just general wear?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never recommend wearing any leather soled shoe in bad weather or winter unless the intention is to destroy them.
Since this is already a Custom Order, there are other options possibly available to you from AE but you would have to inquire with them if they provide these particualr options for the Mora and if so, at what additional cost to the original order.
Examples:
Brass buckles (if you are choosing the brown Mora)
Double leather sole
Commando sole (though it will look strange)
Storm welt
Cushioned insole (which may or may not require sizing up)
Scotchgrain leather
Shell Cordovan (better for rain than calf)

I have over 30 pair of AE here. I would be happy to check some sizes for you but I would need a few days as I am undergoing some renovations here and all of my shoes are not readily accessible at the moment.

Last edited:

acesup_11

Reaction score

I would never recommend wearing any leather soled shoe in bad weather or winter unless the intention is to destroy them.
Since this is already a Custom Order, there are other options possibly available to you from AE but you would have to inquire with them if they provide these particualr options for the Mora and if so, at what additional cost to the original order.
Examples:
Brass buckles (if you are choosing the brown Mora)
Double leather sole
Commando sole (though it will look strange)
Storm welt
Cushioned insole (which may or may not require sizing up)
Scotchgrain leather
Shell Cordovan (better for rain than calf)
I have over 30 pair of AE here. I would be happy to check some sizes for you but I would need a few days as I am undergoing some renovations here and all of my shoes are not readily accessible at the moment.

that would be great if you could tell me what shoe size matches the moras thanks

Sergey

Reaction score
Hello.
I want to buy Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 Monk Straps, I am interested 108 and 65 last.
I use Carmina in Forest last EE fittings. Can you help me choose the size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads