• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purchased 2 knit ties: what do i wear these with?

benny

Reaction score
I especially like the navy blue with light blue stripes. It could work with a cotton suit for fridays and later for a night out.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like those ties, congrats.

And like someone else said, you could also just try googling something like "knit tie outfits" to get additional ideas.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you rang?

looks good with almost anything really... I think the thing you'll have to consider is the width of the ties you have, meaning stick to contrasting bolder patterns on the shirts like checks, or microginghams, but complimentary elements like lapel widths (smaller) and same with collar sizes...

(not all knits), but here's a range of color combos and patterns... :

light or dark greys...
greylight.jpg

greymid.jpg

cream, beige
creamlight.jpg

creamdark.jpg

beigeaw.jpg

beigen.jpg

browns, rust, reds
brownlight.jpg

brownlight.jpg

beige2.jpg

browndark.jpg

brownx.jpg

brownred2.jpg

brownred.jpg

others like green, or shades of blue
greengd.jpg

blueij.jpg

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purchased two very nice knit ties from Davesmith (navy blue with light blue stripes and an all navy blue)

Can I wear these to the office on a friday? I work in finance for a very corporate firm (we wear shirt/ties/etc throughout the week). What about going out at night?

Thanks again!

Re: The bolded portion:

From my personal experience, whether or not you can wear knit ties in a work environment depends on whether or not:

1) You're good enough at your job that no one important could give a crap what you wear; that is, your bosses are so enthralled by the fact you keep coming up with the goods (e.g. $ on the bottom line) that within reason, they'll accept just about anything you choose to wear;

2) You can pull off the look without looking self-conscious; and

3) You're sufficiently liked by your peers that no one will give you a hard time over trivial BS like clothing.

My 2 cents. :)

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: The bolded portion:

From my personal experience, whether or not you can wear knit ties in a work environment depends on whether or not:

1) You're good enough at your job that no one important could give a crap what you wear; that is, your bosses are so enthralled by the fact you keep coming up with the goods (e.g. $ on the bottom line) that within reason, they'll accept just about anything you choose to wear;

2) You can pull off the look without looking self-conscious; and

3) You're sufficiently liked by your peers that no one will give you a hard time over trivial BS like clothing.

My 2 cents. :)

In other words, as long as you're not an awkward dead-weight.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you need to ask about the circumstances in which you might wear them (rarely, hopefully), why did you buy them?

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly doubt anybody will notice your tie.

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only Sfers like us will.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads