• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: New Shipment of Suits and Blazers at RL Woodbury

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MustangQB11
Or how about a pastel pink?

Since you're a 40L you can rock a pastel pink without looking feminine.

I'd say rawk that ****...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So... My suit came. It's a solid dark brown. Not a bad color, although perhaps not one that was "on my list." It's also a 44L, not, as advertised, a 44R. Which gives me pause. But I measured it, and it's 31" from the bottom of the collar to the end of the center seam on the back--which is to say, it's a normal size for me, even though I've never owned an L suit in my life. Maybe the more recent BL stuff has gotten even shorter than the early seasons?

Anyway, I'm a bit torn. I now suspect I would have felt that a 44R was too short, but I can't decide whether to keep this.
confused.gif

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
So... My suit came. It's a solid dark brown. Not a bad color, although perhaps not one that was "on my list." It's also a 44L, not, as advertised, a 44R. Which gives me pause. But I measured it, and it's 31" from the bottom of the collar to the end of the center seam on the back--which is to say, it's a normal size for me, even though I've never owned an L suit in my life. Maybe the more recent BL stuff has gotten even shorter than the early seasons? Anyway, I'm a bit torn. I now suspect I would have felt that a 44R was too short, but I can't decide whether to keep this.
confused.gif

WTF, they're quoting the wrong size. Hell, I'm hoping my 40s will become a 38s. If it's a 40L then I'm definitely screwed. Are there any takers if my 40s becomes a 40L? Pics pls

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... My suit came. It's a solid dark brown. Not a bad color, although perhaps not one that was "on my list." It's also a 44L, not, as advertised, a 44R. Which gives me pause. But I measured it, and it's 31" from the bottom of the collar to the end of the center seam on the back--which is to say, it's a normal size for me, even though I've never owned an L suit in my life. Maybe the more recent BL stuff has gotten even shorter than the early seasons?

Anyway, I'm a bit torn. I now suspect I would have felt that a 44R was too short, but I can't decide whether to keep this.
confused.gif

I was told that one of my sport coats was 70% cashmere, 30% silk. I received a 100% linen coat. Imagine my surprise.
censored.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
I was told that one of my sport coats was 70% cashmere, 30% silk. I received a 100% linen coat. Imagine my surprise.
censored.gif

I have that 70% cashmere and 30% silk coat,it is brown with yellow windowpane,great jacket.
What size are you?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could return it to any regular polo store near you, so you have no risk, besides the 10 dollar shipping fee. Give them a break, its a small store, with 2 or 3 ppl at most working there @ a time.
It was never designed to handle the kind of frenzy activity that we created for them everytime there is a PSA announcement. They are only human and I think they did a super job consider how under staffed they were with the call volume they were getting from us.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
censored.gif

That's is fucked up.. Great, I probably get the Lauren by Ralph Lauren blazers.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
You could return it to any regular polo store near you, so you have no risk, besides the 10 dollar shipping fee. Give them a break, its a small store, with 2 or 3 ppl at most working there @ a time.
It was never designed to handle the kind of frenzy activity that we created for them everytime there is a PSA announcement. They are only human and I think they did a super job consider how under staffed they were with the call volume they were getting from us.

Is that right.. I can return it to my local Polo Outlet. Now I don't feel so bad. I know my local Polo Outlet mark their Purple label gear down 75% of the sale price.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle

Hey, I totally appreciate the mad house we created for them was not their fault, and that this is not what they're set up to do.

Do we know for real, however, that you can return this stuff to any RL store? I thought someone else said it had to go back to the outlet?

As I said, I'm undecided on this suit, and I'm open to offers to boot. Just curious.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they can go back to any polo outlet don't think you can bring em to a regular ralph lauren store tho.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I totally appreciate the mad house we created for them was not their fault, and that this is not what they're set up to do.

Do we know for real, however, that you can return this stuff to any RL store? I thought someone else said it had to go back to the outlet?

As I said, I'm undecided on this suit, and I'm open to offers to boot. Just curious.

I've returned my woodbury items that I didn't like to the regular Polo store here @ Americana Mahasset on Long Island. I am not 100% sure about Polo outlet store, but I am 100% sure you could return it to a regular Polo store, becuase I've done it 2 times already. So everyone relax, you could get your money back. Of course, don't wait a month to return it, there is a time limit on money back return.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

confused.gif

Interesting you say that becasue both my PL jackets same in as S not R like I expected. Whats funny is the S ended up being a good fit on me and covers my butt, even though I am a R length!

Jacksdad

Reaction score

confused.gif

Keep it! The black label long suits run very short. If in fact someone really needed a long, I suspect they wouldn't purchase anything black label as it won't fit properly. If it is measuring 31" from the bottom of collar than it is 32.5" overall which is exactly what a regular should be.
teacha.gif

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
Interesting you say that becasue both my PL jackets same in as S not R like I expected. Whats funny is the S ended up being a good fit on me and covers my butt, even though I am a R length!

Then I hope my S is a double S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics