• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Martegani shoes for $106-$144

nakky

Reaction score
Was going to order the Comos, until I realised they dont ship outside the states

Damn
frown.gif
frown.gif

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron
smile.gif

Would you recommend going true to size on the reggio? also, what do you think looks better with jeans? the black or lighter brown color?
smile.gif
hard to tell if the pic has the true color or not.

Originally Posted by RIDER
Wow, they are taking a beating on those......strange times.

Anyway, great deals, for sure. Typically, 3B last runs 1/2 size large up to size 11, where customers usually take the 'normal' size from there and above. Sorrento is on 3B.

I'm surprised they still have the Reggio left in good sizes - that shoe really is a great denim to slack shoe....probably looks alot better on than off, but I'd take a look at that one for those who, like me, wear denim and dress shorts/sportcoats as dress wear.

Ron

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Hey Ron
smile.gif

Would you recommend going true to size on the reggio? also, what do you think looks better with jeans? the black or lighter brown color?
smile.gif
hard to tell if the pic has the true color or not.

7Y is a true length last, generally.....little narrower in the toes, but not usually an issue. Add 1/2 length if you already have something on 3B like Lucca or Pisa.

I like the amber, or lighter brown, and then I polish with Dark Brown Saphir and it darkens up in time.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the Como's - thank you for the head's up.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are ridiculous prices. I hope that doesn't signal bad things for you, Ron. I really don't need another pair of shoes but couldn't resist grabbing a Sorrento in black, and it took all of my willpower not to get a Reggio.

tsherry

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the Turin in black and brown. Good shoes for the price of scholck!

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
Those are ridiculous prices. I hope that doesn't signal bad things for you, Ron. I really don't need another pair of shoes but couldn't resist grabbing a Sorrento in black, and it took all of my willpower not to get a Reggio.

HI! Long time.....

No, I actually told them to put on sale - not quite that kind of sale, but still.

A company like Amazon needs to have alot of inventory behind what they stock - and unlike some other on-line retailers they do stock everything they list on the site. If I am not going to buy quantity behind what they have, then it's too difficult for them to tell a customer it will take 6-8 weeks or more to get what they want, so it's better they simply mark it down and move on. I give them credit, they don't mess around....when they want to mark something down they go straight to give away prices.....that's FAR less than what they paid, so good deal for our customers on these items.

paeday

Reaction score
Those are some great prices....thanks for the PSA. I need to stop checking in here so often for my wallets sake!.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on Ron's comments, I'll probably be selling a Sorrento in 10.5 in the "toro" color next week on B+S. Cost will be around $170 or 175 shipped to cover my cost of shipping and paypal fees.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron, can you comment on the last/sizing/fit of the Turin pennystrap loafer?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Hi Ron, can you comment on the last/sizing/fit of the Turin pennystrap loafer?

Sure....I wear a 9 in the Lucca and a 9.5 in every other Martegani shoe - including Turin, although it's a touch snug at first. I wear them no socks, so they shape to my foot pretty quickly.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I'll make this easy...

I wear 11.5D in AE (I'm a smaller 11.5, meaning that I CAN size down to 11 if need be, but 12 is too big).

I want this shoe...

http://www.amazon.com/Romano-Martega...3908418&sr=8-6

What size should I get?

Danke.

Just bought the Turin Pennystrap. Opened up an Amazon card and got an addl. $30 off.

Not bad....Martegani penny loafers for $80!!!
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads