• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - 70% off outerwear at Saks off 5th

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an e-mail that this is going on this morning (24th) until noon and all day the 26th. I was there recently and there are some ok deals to be had, depending on what you're looking for. A ton of Michael Kors coats made with Loro Piana fabric, reg discount price of 450 would be 135 - and they have them in black, brown, camel, navy and some grey. Also some Burberry, Cole Haan and Saks house brand. Anyhow, might be worth it to someone.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything clearance is an additional 50% off the lowest price.
All outerwear is 70% off the regular Off 5th price. The Loro Piana Michael Kors overcoats were $450 less 70%. Some of the Saks, Burberry and Cole Haan coats were $700 or $800 minus 70%.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those who've been in there lately.. how is their stock on leather jackets or shearling coats? I'm desperate for a good quality casual leather/shearling jacket at a deeply discounted price.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
for those who've been in there lately.. how is their stock on leather jackets or shearling coats? I'm desperate for a good quality casual leather/shearling jacket at a deeply discounted price.

I seem to remember one rack with some car coat length shearling jackets, but I wasn't looking for that for myself so I paid no attention to sizes/brands/price/etc...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same email, but 70% off only applies to outwear and a few other select goods. It's not a sale on everything...The selection is pretty horrible, mostly.

X-Calibre

Reaction score
I was at a off saks just a week ago and lemme tell you, those Kors overcoats are the roomiest things I've ever seen. This could be good or bad for you. I'm a 39R and to try them out I put on a 40R sportcoat (that's all they had) in a fairly thick fabric, then I tried on the overcoats. I could get a 38 overcoat on over that sport coat with plenty of room to spare.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that extra 50% off mark downs...is that going to show up after it is in my basket or is there some sort of promo code? Thanks!

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're talking about saks.com and I'm talking about the Saks Off 5th retail stores. No idea whether or how this would apply to the online store.

yo!

Reaction score
Except if you read the fine print it is take and additional 40% off of the already 30% off prices.

Too bad that is actually only 58% off and not 70% like they claim.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yo!
Except if you read the fine print it is take and additional 40% off of the already 30% off prices.

Too bad that is actually only 58% off and not 70% like they claim.

It sounds like that is what they mean but it really ends up at 70% off. It was all day today and Friday morning.

brmoore

Reaction score
Purchased one of the Michael Kors overcoats for my son. They took an additional 70% of the lowest price on the tag (sale prices). This made the discount approx. 85 % off the list. The $ 775
coat became $131 plus tax. I thought it an excellent buy.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
with Loro Piana fabric, reg discount price of 450 would be 135 - and they have them in black, brown, camel, navy and some grey.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd love something that wasn't black for once. All the discount store stuff is black. But this discount could bring Saks into play for me. Especially in Navy or Camel.

b

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brmoore
Purchased one of the Michael Kors overcoats for my son. They took an additional 70% of the lowest price on the tag (sale prices). This made the discount approx. 85 % off the list. The $ 775
coat became $131 plus tax. I thought it an excellent buy.

That's crazy!! What's even crazier is that they still probably made some money!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads