• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

post your pocketsquares

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you post pictures of your go-to pocketsquares?
i don't own any and want to get some to dress up my suits
i want to start with some basic solid colors and then venture into some patterns

countcount

Reaction score
Here are some that I had for sale.
I should have a new inventory shortly.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=184332

I started with solid only pocket squares. They are actually kind of hard to use because it is hard to notice them and actually hard to match them up (they might be the exact same color as the jacket, or shirt or tie).

I would recommend some understated patterns, such as polka dots.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I went on a buying binge recently....usually just buy and try to match later. solids, polka dots, paisleys, linens, silks, wools, stripes, etc. Just find decent deals and buy. Match later.
wink.gif

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would appreciate some pictures... either just of the ps or ps in use with suit/shirt/tie

i know i can see some in the WAYWRN thread but a lot of those are very "advanced" combination of colors and patterns
i am a newbie so i'm trying to take baby steps and get ideas on how to use them

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My basics are white linen and a white cotton with blue edging. I could get by happily with only those two.

In silks, I like combos of blue and red (or rust). Those go with most things. Pictorial squares can be nice, in that they're uncommon and usually have an array of colors.

Don't worry about matching -- just pick a square that looks good with what you're wearing and plop it in your pocket.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countcount
Here are some that I had for sale.
I should have a new inventory shortly.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=184332

I started with solid only pocket squares. They are actually kind of hard to use because it is hard to notice them and actually hard to match them up (they might be the exact same color as the jacket, or shirt or tie).

I would recommend some understated patterns, such as polka dots.

hey i've seen your ps sale thread
too bad the ones i would want are all sold out

countcount

Reaction score
Ok, I'll start.
Here is one from the other day. It wasn't taken for the purpose of posting and was taken indoors from a distance, but it should get the ball rolling.
Edit: added a close up of the pocket square design.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some of mine - much prefer linen to silk:

001-10.jpg

002-10.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
can you post pictures of your go-to pocketsquares?
i don't own any and want to get some to dress up my suits
i want to start with some basic solid colors and then venture into some patterns

Do a search, as there are already many, many threads on helping out the PS noobs. If I had to summarize the advice in those threads I'd say it's this: Start slowly and proceed slowly. You can very quickly amass a bucket load of squares that you never wear.

Get a plain white linen square to start with, then maybe a blue silk with dots. These alone will take you far -- maybe as far as you'll ever need to go.

https://www.kentwang.com/white.html
https://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squa...ndot-blue.html

Well, okay. It would be hard to go wrong with this one, too: https://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squa...ndot-gold.html

Wear those squares for a few months before buying anything else. Trust me. I know from experience how easy it is to go too far.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Trust me. I know from experience how easy it is to go too far.

thanks for the tips
and yea... after finding out about this forum... i've been going a little nuts on trying to find nice and interesting neckties and other articles of clothing
bought like 8 neckties a few weeks ago and ended up returning 5 of them
(i didn't go crazy like the guy who spent $1250 on BB ties at once at least)
and i'm in search of my first NICE dress shoes

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
bought like 8 neckties a few weeks ago and ended up returning 5 of them
(i didn't go crazy like the guy who spent $1250 on BB ties at once at least)

That's the great thing about SF: No matter how far over the edge you go, there's always someone here crazier than you.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads