• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Minimum / Waiting Period Required for New Members to Start a New Thread

In Order to Start a Thread, New Members Should Have

• A Post Minimum

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • A Waiting Period

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No Requirements (USA! USA! USA! USA!)

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think i started a new thread before hitting 5 posts. on my first day. i got a lot of genuine help. it made me want to stay. now you are stuck with me.

there should definitely be a waiting period. :)

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think i started a new thread before hitting 5 posts. on my first day. i got a lot of genuine help. it made me want to stay. now you are stuck with me.
there should definitely be a waiting period. :)

Think of all the pain we would have been spared.

:violin: Cue music: :violin:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

First poast:

Threads started (1-3):

#1. (1 response)

#2. (0 responses)

#3. This is when you really started coming into your own.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to revive a dead thread with silly questions but I have waited a couple of days for some of my posts to be approved, is this typical? I realize styleforum is probably understaffed and overworked but what is an average turnover time I can expect?

InHocSignio

Reaction score
This policy has become incredibly annoying to me. I have been perfectly on topic but in fact cannot ask new questions in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread because by the time my post has already been approved, people have moved on 3 posts down. I imagine that thread is supposed to collate all the newbish and amateurish questions that get asked over and over again, but if they cannot actually get answered because moderation takes far too long to approve them, how does that dissuade a new poster from becoming new thread happy? And I think I'm fairly persistent as someone familiar with major forum etiquette, but for others new to online social participation, I imagine there is a pretty significant loss of conversions from those who are "lurkers" to getting involved as a result of this policy as well..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads