• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poron insole

Rankiz

Reaction score
Was going to buy the RM williams Comfort craftsman with blaxland sole, but then I'll need to wait to march next year. However if I choose poron sole I can get them now. Is there a possbility to place an wool sole on top of the poron insole? Or is the poron insole more shaped after your foot? Am I at great disadvantage by choosing poron insole?

Rankiz

Reaction score
What I'm actually trying to clear up is: If I buy the one with Comfort poron insole, it's more shaped after your foot and therefore not smart to add an extra wool insole inside? As the wool insole is definitely not shaped after your foot, and I do really need the extra insole for the harsh weather.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess I just need to find out on my own. Need to reply fast if I want them shipped today you know.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The poron insole is something you'd want next to your foot since it is a soft, foamy material. As far as a combination of insoles, I'd guess that you are taking up a lot of room within the boot, thus making it probably cramped.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Frye boots with poron insole. Despite the leather sole, the poron makes it feel like I am wearing a well-cushioned rubber sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads