• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pop Star needing a "Style"

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
crackup[1].gif

+1

singing_lad

Reaction score
thanks for all of your help and advice....

so do most people think red spikes in my hair is a bad idea?

Thing is red spikes makes it easier for teens to see my video... then see me at a gig... or in the street and make the connection as to who I am. Also,,, none else has that sort of thing.. and cud be suited to the music?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
pop acts like justin timberlake seems to carry suits well. perhaps you should get a style consultant or whatever they call that.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by singing_lad
so do most people think red spikes in my hair is a bad idea?

Personally, I think the red spikes thing looks silly. I know the pop-singer Pink had pink hair for awhile, but got rid of it because she said it was way too limiting for her. I can't think of any other pop-star off the top of my head that's successfully branded themselves by dying their hair some bizzarre color. Also if you're pursuing the look you described above, the red spikes will totally fly in the face of it. I'm not sure what the trend amongst other musicians like yourself is, but I don't think it such a great idea.

singing_lad

Reaction score
ok thank you. that was a good reply.. and i think i will leave the red then.

maybe i shud just pay for a style consultant.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by singing_lad
maybe i shud just pay for a style consultant.
It might be a good idea for you. I remember seeing in a magazine some before/after shots of celebrities who got personal stylists. Before they seemed a bit clueless on what to wear to red-carpet type events, afterward it was a pretty big turnaround. But before you put a dent in your budget to pay a style consultant, maybe you should try taking advantage of some of the free personal shoppers at high-end department stores. I don't know of a high-end department store in London that doesn't have one available. (I just keep assuming you're in London, sorry if this is not the case)

singing_lad

Reaction score
great thanks... are these shops highly expensive where the personal shoppers are??? ie only selling D&G and Gucci etc? I will have something like a budget of £400 so am not concernd with designers names really... just want as much as I can get for my money.

Can you suggest a great few shops and where they are.. Im not from London but work there quite often, it's only a short train ride away
smile.gif

To have these poeple help me.. Do I need to ring up before the day and book some time with them?

cheers for all your help

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
singing_lad - Unbelievable... I've had that Uniting Nations video on a dvd I made for parties for the last couple of years - it's good to see that you're a normal guy asking for help too. For my two cents, I don't really think that you need to change your style at all. Try too hard and it'll look like you're trying to hard. I think that's the bottom line. If you're comfortable in a tshirt and jeans, then wear it.

Good luck!

singing_lad

Reaction score
Hi KJT, hehe, Im glad u liked UN, and yes, Im very normal
smile.gif
and at last it looks like my solo career is going somewhere as I have a top A list producer doing my latest song.

I just want to make sure i do it all right... and defo starting with my style
smile.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To come back to antirabbit's (tongue in cheek?) comment about going bespoke:

At some point in that video on the web site you are actually wearing a suit and tie. I've always thought it would be really cool for someone on the dance/DJ/electronic side of the fence to adopt a very tailored, formal, personal style - suit and tie complete with PS. It would certainly set you apart, if you could wear the look with confidence.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies, but when I first read this thread I thought it was a joke (or spam).
I'd suggest button-down shirts (whites/blues) with knit ties (solids or simple horizontal stripes) for you.
Try them khakis or clean jeans.
Its a youthful look but shows some seriousness.
Also a fedora (blazer would be optional).
I always think singers look better with hats.
All my humble opinion of course.

singing_lad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Apologies, but when I first read this thread I thought it was a joke (or spam).
I'd suggest button-down shirts (whites/blues) with knit ties (solids or simple horizontal stripes) for you.
Try them khakis or clean jeans.
Its a youthful look but shows some seriousness.
Also a fedora (blazer would be optional).
I always think singers look better with hats.
All my humble opinion of course.

no worries mate, I didnt really know what I was suposed to be asking help for or if indeed it was this sort of forum... everyone is helpping a real treat...

As i know nothing about clothes... wud it be possible for you to send a link of pictures of the items you talk about... "button-down shirts"?? is that just a shirt with buttons on?? Alittle simple I know.. but the whole idea of fasion being an art in itself is a new concept for me.. speaking to you lot I can understand actually how important it is.. and how wrong I could get it!

cheers again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads