• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tracking the UPS driver as they seem to go down every block in the neighborhood except mine is really making me anxious as I know they've got a new poor man's watch on the truck for me today!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracking the UPS driver as they seem to go down every block in the neighborhood except mine is really making me anxious as I know they've got a new poor man's watch on the truck for me today!

This is a new hobby of mine during this time of Corona.

I think we live on the same street ;).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one arrived yesterday afternoon:

6389f85d-3a28-4478-aafe-badb97112d23-jpeg.1395893

G-Shock GBD-H1000 with GPS and HR monitor. Seems to integrate very smoothly with Strava and the GPS appears to have tracked exactly with what my phone registered. There are a ton more features I need to figure out how to use to get my money's worth but so far, I'm liking this. I've wanted a watch with GPS and HR monitoring for a while. I've had Garmin and Suunto watches in the past. I was never really impressed with Garmin, most of their stuff was ugly and I didn't find them very user friendly (though that was about a decade ago and I know they generally get much better reviews now) and the Suunto watches I had were fantastic but I sweat so much that I would destroy the chest straps pretty quickly and I never really like to wear the chest straps when running anyway. So when Casio announced this G-Shock with an optical reader earlier this year, I was pretty excited.

I will add that it fits a little more comfortably than my Rangeman and the display is ridiculously crisp and easy to read, even when on the fly.

StylishDanny

Reaction score
I've got this "very poor" chrono sector
sector490.jpg
and I'd like to get a silicone / rubber strap for it to complete my "collection" (I've got a leather one and a nato one as well) :)
I thought this diver bend could be ok
watch band diver sector 32967187105_0.jpg
but I'm not sure about the black color with the silver dial. What color do you suggest in my case? You can suggest another kind of rubber/silicone strap if you wish of course.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got this "very poor" chrono sector
View attachment 1396608
and I'd like to get a silicone / rubber strap for it to complete my "collection" (I've got a leather one and a nato one as well) :)
I thought this diver bend could be ok
View attachment 1396607
but I'm not sure about the black color with the silver dial. What color do you suggest in my case? You can suggest another kind of rubber/silicone strap if you wish of course.
Black and silver sounds like a very good match to me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working from home means more short sleeve shirts. The Helson works nicely when I don’t have to worry about sliding it under a shirt cuff!

5AD81278-62C1-4AC2-ACF2-B70108C6DE81.jpeg
2B478ED6-8AEC-4BF9-B8A5-616FC4B4FD0B.jpeg
1766049F-2B17-428B-AFA0-C460E90DF004.jpeg
E42475CE-795C-46B1-B78C-BF375B2F7F8C.jpeg
519AA7F9-F23E-4280-BE54-B1B4288EF3DF.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that beefy diver but not the sinister lefty crown!

Funny how when you get into watches you get very nit-picky preferences which can be make or break when it comes to pulling the trigger on a purchase

Kap posted a tank with a nice case and bracelet but heinously large numbers.

I really like that Hamilton GMT that Jazz posted recently, but the second hand looks backwards and the GMT hand is ridiculously short.

I have a preference for divers but don’t like long second hash marks, along with hash marks all around the bezel.

And I‘ve mentioned many times I don’t like date windows at 4 o clock. 3 or 6 is fine by me! I also don’t like dates on a sub dial, not on the flange of the main dial with a long pointer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads