• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lumaca

Reaction score
Also cheapestnato, pull-up leather nato

20180529_134802.jpg

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the contemporary Turtle that Seiko should have already built? I'm not much into modding - mostly when I see a modded watch I think I prefer the stock version. So if anyone holds the same view regarding this watch, I take no offense. But I think the previous owner of this watch did a fantastic job modding a stock SRP777. Coin edge bezel with lumed ceramic insert, AR coated sapphire crystal, SBDC027 dial, Seikoparts hands. Looks like a kickass contemporary version of my beloved vintage 6105, but one I can use hard.

Before:

orig.jpg

After:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:

AunToni

Reaction score
I've never really been a watch person. However, I recently decided I should get one. I was met with some anxiety over which watch to get because based on my taste I was more interested in the art deco style watches of the 1920s and 30s. I really liked JLC's Reverso, but I wasn't really prepared to spend at least 4-5k usd retail on my first watch. Same issue with Cartier Tank. After doing a bit of research I decided to buy the FC's Classics Carree Automatic. Being that I've never owned any other watch, I cannot really provide any "review" that would carry with it much merit. However, I will say, I'm happy with it. The only issue is that I would have preferred to have the stainless steel, rather than the rose gold plated for longevity purposes. However, I don't like black straps and the brown strap only came with the rose gold plated. Anyways, I like the watch and I'm sure for the price point there are countless other watches one could have purchased, but I was looking for a specific type of watch and didn't want to pay a lot, which I guess is FC's whole selling point.

WechatIMG1.jpeg

Lumaca

Reaction score
I've never really been a watch person. However, I recently decided I should get one. I was met with some anxiety over which watch to get because based on my taste I was more interested in the art deco style watches of the 1920s and 30s. I really liked JLC's Reverso, but I wasn't really prepared to spend at least 4-5k usd retail on my first watch. Same issue with Cartier Tank. After doing a bit of research I decided to buy the FC's Classics Carree Automatic. Being that I've never owned any other watch, I cannot really provide any "review" that would carry with it much merit. However, I will say, I'm happy with it. The only issue is that I would have preferred to have the stainless steel, rather than the rose gold plated for longevity purposes. However, I don't like black straps and the brown strap only came with the rose gold plated. Anyways, I like the watch and I'm sure for the price point there are countless other watches one could have purchased, but I was looking for a specific type of watch and didn't want to pay a lot, which I guess is FC's whole selling point.

View attachment 982270

It is a beautiful watch, but for future references, straps are easy to change (not to mention fun)!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason this strap doesn't seem so easy to remove. I'll contact FC and find out.

If the lugs are not drilled and there's no room to fit a spring bar tool in there without scratching things up I've had good luck using a watchmaker's bench knife (I've also seen them called bezel knives or beveled knives). It's a knife blade with a beveled side and it's relatively dull so you can usually slide it in between the strap (or bracelet) and the lug and it will catch the spring bar and not scratch up the lugs.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe so, but the original Tissot costs almost as much as the watch while being fugly... pass
I'd put it on a good quality aftermarket jubilee or some other steel bracelet. The watch is Daytona-ish, that is why steel bracelet comes to mind.

P.S. I think this thread should be closed as noone have posted anything as good or better than 300USD Seiko SARB033

McKriss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd put it on a good quality aftermarket jubilee or some other steel bracelet. The watch is Daytona-ish, that is why steel bracelet comes to mind.

P.S. I think this thread should be closed as noone have posted anything as good or better than 300USD Seiko SARB033

OK let's try again
  • 20180530_193921.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

johnvw

Reaction score

View attachment 982270

Elegant choice!

Lumaca

Reaction score
If you are ever looking to sell that bad boy.........:slayer:

Hahaha don't think that's happening soon! This watch has "inspired" 3 alpinist purchases from my friends!

I like Seiko, but for what I was looking for, they didn't have any rectangle/square watches that were automatic that fit my taste.

I know it's not strictly square, buuut...

images (14).jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads