• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking watch! Love the Spectre Seamaster look. What was the base watch reference?

Not sure exactly. I saw a mod on watchuseek and just emailed that I wanted one that looked the same.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20170620_062645.jpg
20170620_163207.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^
Interesting Hamilton.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw an ad from Ashford for a father's day sale and this one caught my eye. It was at a great price and I almost went for it but first I did an eBay search and found this one in perfect condition for even cheaper. Funny how the internet enables...wasn't even in the market for a watch...5 days later it's on my wrist.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw an ad from Ashford for a father's day sale and this one caught my eye. It was at a great price and I almost went for it but first I did an eBay search and found this one in perfect condition for even cheaper. Funny how the internet enables...wasn't even in the market for a watch...5 days later it's on my wrist.

Tks. What's the model #?

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
I have settled on Isofranes as the rubber / summer strap of choice; they really do breathe better than all the other rubber options and dont stay wet. Perlons are good too but the few I have had started fraying at the seals. Borealis makes a very affordable isofrane clone, in an excellent non-lint attracting compound, for $25 shipped. Black, Blue, and Orange are available. I wish they had other colors too. Obris Morgan has a more extensive color catalogue, but their strap is 10mm longer and these straps are already pretty long as it is. IMO the Obris strap and other long type variants are unsuitable for anyone with wrists under 7.5-8''. You can see so many wrist shots with the keepers and the flap right up against the watch at 12. Not such a clean look. My wrists are 7.25-7.5 and the Borealis fits much better:

amphibiafraneresized.jpg
710lume.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks good, but would look better with indices instead of numerals. And why does Seiko absolutely refuse to ever make dateless models? They would have so many great dress watches.

They have a version without the date window (which I don't mind really), but it has a power reserve and date circle on it so it's less clean if anything. I'm mainly intrigued by the lacquer face. Don't mind the numbers either, though I agree simple indices would be fine here. This popped up while wandering around the internet and it falls into the "really don't need to buy this right now" category. If I wait, maybe it will be all sold out soon... :rotflmao:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads