• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you pick it up directly from Steinhart? I ordered the
Steinhart OCEAN One vintage Dual Time ​
on December 28th and have not heard a word from them yet.

I got mine from Gnome Watches. I believe I recall reading that this release is only available through them.

Neognosis

Reaction score
I ordered a strap custom made by dark shades, a member on this forum. It took a long time to get to the us from Eastern Europe, but well worth the wait. It is my favorite strap by far. Email him a picture of your watch and just let him go to work. Odds are you will be very pleased.

Neognosis

Reaction score

I'm looking for suggestions for a strap for my new (old) watch. What would you suggest?

I ordered a strap custom made by dark shades, a member on this forum. It took a long time to get to the us from Eastern Europe, but well worth the wait. It is my favorite strap by far. Email him a picture of your watch and just let him go to work. Odds are you will be very pleased.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.
Do you have a picture that you'd be willing to share?

Neognosis

Reaction score

Thank you.
Do you have a picture that you'd be willing to share?

My apologies, I got my forums mixed up, I thought I was on watchuseek. So, darkshadees is not a member here, but rather over there. I can out you in touch with him if you like.

Here are two of a strap I bought from him last year for my Seiko sarg007.

Neognosis

Reaction score
And, by pure coincidence, a second strap from him arrived today. For both straps, I told him the general feel I was going for, the lug width, and sent photos of the watch. This one is for my Hamilton military diver, the khaki scuba King. He came up with black stingray with a central raised ridge and white contrasting thread. His presentation is nice too.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And, by pure coincidence, a second strap from him arrived today. For both straps, I told him the general feel I was going for, the lug width, and sent photos of the watch. This one is for my Hamilton military diver, the khaki scuba King. He came up with black stingray with a central raised ridge and white contrasting thread. His presentation is nice too.

Wow!
That looks great!

ErikW

Reaction score

Gorgeous, if you don't mind, what did the strap cost?

Neognosis

Reaction score

Gorgeous, if you don't mind, what did the strap cost?

Thank you, and indon't mind at all. The olive brown with the skulls was last year, but IIRC it cost somewhere around sixty USD. The stingray was a 140.

I will buy another from darkshadees at some point. He's very easy to work with, creative, and his stuff is very overbuilt and well done. I really like that he will look at pics of your watch and make something that compliments it, or brings something new to the look.

The only thing is that shipping from wherever he is from takes over a month! But it is included in the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads