• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

submatrix

Reaction score
Yeah, I've read reviews on the brand on watchuseek and I believe they are slight different and hold up acceptable, and actually found out about it there. Still even if it doesn't last it looks sweet and different enough I don't mind too much.

The watch is "YH.W8752-03" and available on amazon if you're interested.

Damn, looks like Amazon won't ship their products to the US :( Several of their skeleton watches look really nice too. Anyone know of a brand available in the US that makes nice classy skeleton watches for...lets say...under $100-$150?

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Damn, looks like Amazon won't ship their products to the US :( Several of their skeleton watches look really nice too. Anyone know of a brand available in the US that makes nice classy skeleton watches for...lets say...under $100-$150?

Check Stuhrling and Akribos on ebay

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never used to use Nato straps, but now that I've tried it, wearing it with a metal link just seems wrong somehow.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

emptym

Reaction score
Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:

I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.

Last edited:

borbor

Reaction score
got a king seiko 45-7001 en route atm.

can't wait. wanted something more formal than my dive watch for a while. finally have something that fits the bill.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:

I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.

What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.

got a king seiko 45-7001 en route atm.

can't wait. wanted something more formal than my dive watch for a while. finally have something that fits the bill.

Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.

borbor

Reaction score
What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.

Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.
i'll snap some after i get it.

traded a steinhart for it.

emptym

Reaction score
DG, I use the cricket to wake up when traveling. Well, really just as a backup to my internal clock. I tend to wake up w/o an alarm, but I set one just in case. This is particularly helpful when traveling when it's likely that my internal clock will be off and I'll be low on sleep--a good recipe for missing a flight or some other appt.

I don't use the bell much since the alarm's so weak, but it could be useful,as you say, as a reminder.

Last edited:

Godot

Reaction score
Saw a photo of the MOTO 360 yesterday and for a smart watch, I kind of like it. It looks like a watch. It's going on sale in the UK in a month or so for $275.
The only reservation I have about smart watches is the same reservation I have about cell phones and laptops/tablets. They tend to become outdated every year or so whereas a watch tends be good for years or sometimes even generations. I'm curious but undecided. :)

daveathall

Reaction score
I have a Seiko SP043k (Spork) I quite like a touch of red on an all black watch so had the second hand changed, I also preferred a Warchadoo bracelet to the rubber strap that came with it.. They have stopped making these watches which, IMHO is a shame.

This is how it came;

After changing the second hand;;

And finally with the bracelet;

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBBSTI LTD