• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Busa

Reaction score
It's all Jisch's fault, I am afraid I will have to buy one of these- and it fits the bill for what you were looking for, except 2 mm more...
smile.gif

Oh- $160... good looking watch...

Hello all,

I'm looking for a new watch in the 250-500 range (yes, sort of broad, but I'm open to options). I was wondering if anybody could give me some suggestions to look into? I've done a bit of searching and came across a few I liked but nothing stood out as 'BUY THIS NOW' to me.

Anyways, what I'm looking for:

Brown leather strap (I guess I could buy this separate if necessary)
Gold colored case
Clean looking face (not a chrono).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

kelejen

Reaction score
Too big. I am only looking for < 40mm case diameter (small wrist). I also don't like the winder protector thingy on the side, adds to much bulk to the side.

It's all Jisch's fault, I am afraid I will have to buy one of these- and it fits the bill for what you were looking for, except 2 mm more...
smile.gif

Oh- $160... good looking watch...

Reaction score
Depending on the item I sometimes ship to a friend in the US who on-sends to me.

The watch + band via Amazon delivered to Australia was something like $110 for me.

Reaction score
Do let me know next time you order and I'll likely be keen. May have similar tastes based on this watch. At the casual end I like interesting face and band combinations.

My more "expensive" watches are Tag and the next purchase I am saving for is a pre-owned Breitling Top Time (preferably two-tone).

Busa

Reaction score
Okay, I had to do it- ordered this- had a nice surprise, it's only $112 not $160, they had some tweaks on the listing. I think this is clean, elegant, and with the tan leather a perfect jeans watch. Could get a spare strap and dress it up if needed, but I have enough dress watches with black leather already. This is the 42mm so it's not a gawdawful honkin big clock hanging on my petite 6.5" wrist...

I will post up when I get it and give my impressions of it if anyone is interested- I am in Africa and having it shipped to my home in US so won't get it until the second week of May- shipping here is problematical, government monopoly, no FedEx/UPS/DHL etc- and you all know how things run under government control, especially one influenced by the French system of "anything you can make a procedure for we can **** it up and make it even more ridiculously complicated and unwieldy" if any of you have had to deal with that... my apologies in advance to any Francophiles but I dare you to refute it!!

I am open to suggestions for other models and/or strap combinations that lend themselves to a suit and tie look, just think it's a more rugged looking piece with more "presence" than most so I'm having a hard time thinking of it as a dress watch... anybody else, or is it just me??

linsook

Reaction score

I loved mine but it stopped working within two weeks and then one of the numbers fell off and is rattling around inside. I wish someone would come up with a high quality homage of this watch.

Sea-Gull D304. Good luck finding one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads