• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pineapple express, Stepbrothers, superbad etc.

oneblood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Reminded me of Super Troopers. That was some funny **** meow.

And there goes the creedence I had given your previous statements.

As for the topic, I thoroughly enjoyed both Knocked Up and Superbad, they were both a real breath of fresh air in the previously (recently) horrific genre of Hollywood comedy. I'm surprised at all the hate for Knocked Up, it certainly was over long but it was also extremely funny and somewhat intelligent.

Also, as for Chrono's comment bemoaning Judd Apatow's lack of creativity: I agree but for completely different reasons. He doesn't write any of his movies so you can't really blame him for their content. What you can blame him for is riding the coattails of funny actors who improv well. Even Knocked Up for which Apatow received a writing credit is only around 20% true to script. Apatow is a bad writer, even on Freaks and Geeks the real strength was Paul Feig.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boo!!!!!!

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
step brothers is underrated. such a funny movie. its what a comedy should be.

i loved when robert wanted to be a dinosaur LOL

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GY!BE
Chubby curly haired people do not instantly exempt you from being not funny!!!!

****!!!

Has anyone watched Balls of Fury. Omg.
plain.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I agree about apatow. I was just using his name since he's most associated with these movies. The casting, and some of the great writers made that show special. But still, i'm awaiting something of freaks and geeks level from judd or whoever is writing the movie with his name loosely attached.

dont get me wrong, I loved F&G and watched it on tv during its original run religiously.....but maybe the fact no one "got" F&G when it was originally on (hence it being cancelled way too early) made him decide to go the route of pleasing the masses, which he seems to be doing well in his own way

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Has anyone watched Balls of Fury. Omg.
plain.gif

that was a sack of flaming turd. just awful

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I ******* love them

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I only got to watch about half the episodes back when it first came on and loved it (although for different reasons than i do now since at the time i was the same age as Sam) and then bought the dvd set the week it came out in 2004 or something. I don't think however, that it could've been a very long lasting show. I think it only had 1 more season at the most in it. I think the way they wrapped up the final episode was very fitting. I know they probably knew they were getting cancelled and tried to wrap it up, but i don't see it going 3, 4 or 5 seasons without losing A LOT of what made it great.

I still like all the new movies and see them the week they come out, but they don't evoke the same emotion F&G did. I really want to see Pineapple express soon. James Franco was always one of my favorite characters from F&G. Even the intro where he just brushes his hair and gives that goofy stoned smile, make me smile every time.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
On an aside, how do people find Jackass funny?

It is neither amusing nor funny.

I disagree. the biggest contribution by white boys to society is their never ending pursuit of doing dumb **** and hurting themselves in the process.

it's funny as hell to watch

eidolon

Reaction score
Dodgeball was horrible. It's a little less recent than the new fat hairy guy ****, but man, what a piece of garbage. I personally don't like Ben Stiller, but I try not to let that bias me and immediately assume everything he does is garbage. That movie was garbage.

Anchorman : Dodgeball :: Superbad : Knocked Up, IMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads