• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pineapple express, Stepbrothers, superbad etc.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Dazed and Confused was a funny movie to me. It reminded me of 90 percent of the people I went to highschool with.

This movie did nothing for me.

Tourangh

Reaction score
Alright Pinapple express was decent to me or even slightly less. I mean it had a few dumb laughs in there but the rest of the movie was terrible. I mean maybe if I chose to go to the movie after smoking I might have had a different opinion. Maybe in highschool when I thought all that stuff was cool, dont know. It wasn't terrible but failed to take the torch from Dazed and Confused as the next stoner movie.

a_nun

Reaction score
I loved Superbad for all the reasons GS stated. It was exaggerated teen comedy but was pretty smart about it...and "refreshing" -whatever that bs means in movie review speak. I was kind of disappointed in pineapple express. Though it was funny, but it seemed dumber than superbad or knocked up.
Like, as a guy in my mid 20's I though maybe I wouldn't like superbad because it was all about high school hijinks (pretty tired idea)- but I loved it. I thought PE would be amazing because it was all about mid-20's hijinks-but was disappointed. after seeing it I envisioned myself liking it more if i was 17. which is weird because you think it'd be the other way around. I think the end of PE kind of ruined it for me. the whole grandma's drivin' them away all beat up seemed a little too sean william scott movie than it did a seth rogan movie.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Apatow is one of them probably. Guy Ritchie is DEFINITELY one of them (just stick to remaking Snatch in various incarnations). As a band, Social Distortion is also in this ilk (Mike Ness basically writes 3 songs over and over again with good result)

If I had to make a single, 20-something song CD and listen to it on loop for the rest of my life "Story of my Life" and "Ball and Chain" would be on it for sure. Is that documentary "Another State of Mind" any good?

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Have to weigh in -- thought the movie was considerably overrated. Not original unlike Superbad (which was in parts), and not as funny as Sarah Marshall. Second half was abominable.

PARTY

Reaction score
THE REAL SUMMER SMASH

TROPIC THUNDER. A MUST SEE.

Robert Downey Jr.. Amazing.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PARTY
NACHO LIBRE WAS GREAT.

Wow, what a sleeper hit. I thought I was going to hate it, but i LOVED it.

GET THAT CORN OUTTA MAH FACE!!!

+1 agree completely.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
Is that documentary "Another State of Mind" any good?

It's great. It captures the band when they were really raw, before Mike Ness became "Mike Ness"

You get to see live footage from Youth Brigade, Social Distortion.....my fave part is when they go to DC and hang out with Minor Threat at Dischord house and MT perform live where the PA is out and the whole place sings along with Ian, mic-less

It's great to see them start off all excited about the tour then get progressively more bummed and pist at each other as the tour winds down. One of the best "punk movies" ever.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Necroposting in order to catch up with pop culture.

Just d/l Pineapple Express. Luckily it is being seeded like gangbusters right now and it took less than 40 minutes to get it, otherwise I'd be PISSED OFF that I wasted that much time illegally downloading a bootleg DVD rip of this ****** movie. I haven't even finished it. I felt the overwhelming urge to come on this forum and tell everyone who isn't a completely braindead pothead not to bother watching this movie.

I like James Franco. Thats about it.

Honestly, I'm probably not even going to finish the movie. There are like twenty minutes left, and I can't forsee myself wanting to waste another minute watching this crap. AND I WATCH A LOT OF CRAPPY MOVIES.

mcpaul

Reaction score
I can not stand Will Ferrell or any of his comic offspring. it's been a while since I've seen a really good comedy.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sex Drive was epic as all get-out!

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I liked Pineapple Express.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Necroposting in order to catch up with pop culture. Just d/l Pineapple Express. Luckily it is being seeded like gangbusters right now and it took less than 40 minutes to get it, otherwise I'd be PISSED OFF that I wasted that much time illegally downloading a bootleg DVD rip of this ****** movie. I haven't even finished it. I felt the overwhelming urge to come on this forum and tell everyone who isn't a completely braindead pothead not to bother watching this movie. I like James Franco. Thats about it. Honestly, I'm probably not even going to finish the movie. There are like twenty minutes left, and I can't forsee myself wanting to waste another minute watching this crap. AND I WATCH A LOT OF CRAPPY MOVIES.
Is it more or less funny than previous completely overrated and unfunny movie: Half Baked?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads