• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures from Zen & TAOMM

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and I know there are a few other fans here. I was excited to find these pictures from the trip described in the narrative of the book:

http://ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects...inal-1968-trip

Pretty cool to see the people you've read about. And check out that old toaster Honda!

aam.sized.jpg

Also, take a look at the styles worn by the "characters". I really didn't expect John (the guy with the BMW who hates working on his bike) to be so cool looking. (On the right: )

aan.sized.jpg

I think those may be folding Persols, along with Red Wings, Lees or Levis with turnups, and a sort of long cafe jacket over a blue collar buttondown. Rockabilly, 1968 style. I guess by then he was kind of a square looking like that..
tounge.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the joys of the internet

i go from having barely heard of a book, to taking a passing interest in a book, to wikipedia-ing a basic understanding of the book, to illegally downloading the book, to saying 'jesus its 313 pages in word', all in the space of about seven minutes.

now...can someone automatically read it for me?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T

now...can someone automatically read it for me?

Matt,

OK, I just finished reading that book for you. You really liked it and gained a lot of new insights. It dragged on a bit in the middle but overall, it was good.

Now, what did I do for the last 10 hours?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Matt,

OK, I just finished reading that book for you. You really liked it and gained a lot of new insights. It dragged on a bit in the middle but overall, it was good.

Now, what did I do for the last 10 hours?

you rolled to a bar called Corner that used to be full of Vietnamese models last time you went, but has since been renovated and lost all of its clientele. You drank a bottle of JW Black with your friends and were alarmed at the high price of mixers. One of your friends announced that he just got engaged last week to some chick you have never heard of before. You then went to a new club called Palace which was closing up because the police had raided just before you arrived. When to Q, but that was eerily quiet for a change, so went to a crappy club called Apocalypse Now. Was crappy. You had a hot dog cos they have an excellent BBQ there that runs all night, then rode home on your Bonus motorbike and went to sleep around two. It was a pretty mediocre night's rolling for you.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
you rolled to a bar called Corner that used to be full of Vietnamese models last time you went, but has since been renovated and lost all of its clientele. You drank a bottle of JW Black with your friends and were alarmed at the high price of mixers. One of your friends announced that he just got engaged last week to some chick you have never heard of before. You then went to a new club called Palace which was closing up because the police had raided just before you arrived. When to Q, but that was eerily quiet for a change, so went to a crappy club called Apocalypse Now. Was crappy. You had a hot dog cos they have an excellent BBQ there that runs all night, then rode home on your Bonus motorbike and went to sleep around two.

It was a pretty mediocre night's rolling for you.

Ahhh, that explains the hangover I have this morning.
confused.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matt is your bonus still purple? did you add any decals or airbrushing to the tank? (betty page, remember.) paint the forks black like i wanted?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i snubbed you Andrew. Purple with same crappy fork color. Ill paint em one day, i promise.

It does however have a 175cc engine now (supposed to be 125). 50 bonus centimeters....

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
50 bonus centimeters....

ah, if i had a nickel for every time i heard that...

(i would have a nickel.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads