• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picked up an m3 sedan

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sydneycentric
I'm not sold on Beamers one bit......the amount of problems they have...

I hate it when non-car people comment on cars so I'm hoping you have a lot of experience with automobiles, and I'm not talking about you know all the specs and memorize all the Car and Driver reviews. I'm talking REAL experience.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They're giving these things away for practically nothing since nobody wants them.

Too bad bmw has gone down the *******.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You can lease them brand new for around 7 a month which is preposterous.

Each dealer in socal has about 35 on the lot, this never happened with any other Ms because they're weren't watered down pigs designed for the masses.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
Good deals on '08s rt now. Nice car..fully loaded demo. Folded the Lotus Exige S and 335i into it. Aspen White w/blk interior. Blk HREs are on the way. M mode button rocks!

This is the new V8 w/ 6 speed stick right? Sounds hot.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sydneycentric
I'm not sold on Beamers one bit......the amount of problems they have...
For example? The BMW I own has been as mechanically reliable (or more) than the Hondas I have owned. Other than some annoying trim issues always fixed under warranty, no issues.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
For example? The BMW I own has been as mechanically reliable (or more) than the Hondas I have owned. Other than some annoying trim issues always fixed under warranty, no issues.

Only thing I can complain about are the run flat tires. I had to replace mine at 18,000 miles, and wasn't thrilled. Other than that, no problems, not even burned out light bulbs.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Sorry for the continued delay...but family medical issues. They will be posted by week's end. Here is one that I found on the net of the same car
smile.gif
What do U think about the black wheels? May just be a waste of money, but they do look nice with the alpine white.

P43's = sick

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Only thing I can complain about are the run flat tires. I had to replace mine at 18,000 miles, and wasn't thrilled. Other than that, no problems, not even burned out light bulbs.

I have to replace my Michelin Pilot PS2s in the rear every 10K at $350/per. Car rule #1: people that want a sport-oriented car should be prepared to go through tires quickly.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's different driving styles, but I can get almost 30K miles out of my PS2s on my BMW, and that includes driving schools. 20K for max performance summer tires is pretty good.

--Andre

CodeRed

Reaction score
Attached is a pre P43 pic, they should be here in a week in textured blk, just like the pic. I came from a Lotus Exige S which weighed about 2k lbs, but I love this car in the MT6 You just need to make a few quick mods to the clutch to make it really great. The sound at 8k rpm is really something. The more I drive it the more I like it. ACS springs, PSCs, then track is next...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attached is a pre P43 pic, they should be here in a week in textured blk, just like the pic. I came from a Lotus Exige S which weighed about 2k lbs, but I love this car in the MT6 You just need to make a few quick mods to the clutch to make it really great. The sound at 8k rpm is really something. The more I drive it the more I like it. ACS springs, PSCs, then track is next...
Nice car. Enjoy!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Perhaps it's different driving styles, but I can get almost 30K miles out of my PS2s on my BMW, and that includes driving schools. 20K for max performance summer tires is pretty good.

--Andre

Same here, but I drive fairly conservatively.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads