• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pet hates

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Most of the replies to this thread.

Originally Posted by lasbar
How about the thread itself?

+1 Don't see the point to this at all

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
- skull and crossbones, or any cartoonish version thereof, on anything at all. Wearing a symbol of death and, more recently, the ******* SS, is not okay.
Even ones of a bunny skull and crossbones, especially when worn by members who don't like FNB?

CrocsRock

Reaction score
-Conspicuous branding
-Guys who leave the sleeve tags on their suits
-Rayban Wayfarers
-Guys who take on feminine sartorial affectations (longer feathered hair, skinny jeans, makeup... if you want to **********, fine, but go whole hog)
-Pleated pants
-Uh, the things to the left....
-Ed Hardy, Affliction, pseudo-MMA-inspired clothing.
-Uggs (I do forgive them when they're worn by those gals during winter who also wear those winter leggings)
-Fleece
-Coach products.
-Probably lots of other things.

blofeld

Reaction score
all of you guys ******** on baseball hats should totally walk up to someone wearing one next time you are in a bar and politely explain how they should only be worn when playing sports and it makes them look like a child. then, when you pick yourself up off the floor and find your teeth, you will have truly won.

DandySF

Reaction score
The robotic belief that a pocket square must be ever present in a jacket pocket. Sometimes it just looks a bit quaint and old-fashioned.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
all of you guys ******** on baseball hats should totally walk up to someone wearing one next time you are in a bar and politely explain how they should only be worn when playing sports and it makes them look like a child. then, when you pick yourself up off the floor and find your teeth, you will have truly won.

I'm going to sport my baseball cap when I get out of the office and onto the town tonight. But then again, I look like I may very well play baseball
bounce2.gif

Thinking about the original intent of the thread, I detest:

- Pocket Squares - how gay can you get?
- Chunky soled shoes - are they called long wings?
- Tweed on anyone under 40. Come on, you know who guys are?
- People that cheaply acquire things and pretend they're all that and knowledgeable about style all the while having 40 inch waistlines

Sorry... just being facetious. Almost end of my day and week here
bigstar[1].gif

rmanoj

Reaction score
OK, I realise this thread was a bad idea and I shouldn't really have started it in the first place. Let's stop.

laphroaig

Reaction score
There are now multiple posts hating pocket squares.

What is going on here? Are you in the right area? Am I in the right area? Is this MC or SW&D/DT?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
You must be poor; so sorry for you.

You must be poor; so so sorry for you.

Must be real tough being poor

Poor and a bore! Oy!

facepalm.gif

LOL

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rmanoj
OK, I realise this thread was a bad idea and I shouldn't really have started it in the first place. Let's stop.

meh. don't apologize. but don't be surprised if other people disagree with your pet hates. you opened the can, now eat the beans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads