• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol authenticity?

urymoto

Reaction score
I just bought a pair, from encino..it was shipped via dhl in 4 days, from israel.....hahahha, for 4.99
Glasses were 150

Didnt even see them yet...i smell a refund

MatthewG18

Reaction score
The place where i ordered my 714's was an eBay account called "theaspects4u" they seem pretty legit even
though i haven't gotten them yet, they cone with all the information and warranty that you would expect them
to cone with, and they say that they are an official seller. I will wait and see how they are when they come.
smile.gif

Seth Moody

Reaction score
Any updates on your real or otherwise Ebay Persols?
I ordered some from theaspects4u and am a little nervous now at the low 140$ asking price-

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any updates on your real or otherwise Ebay Persols? 
I ordered some from theaspects4u and am a little nervous now at the low 140$ asking price- 

Now is that the vendor that wrote...
"We buy them from Italy. They have all the signs needed.
We are internet company that proud to give great products in a reasonable price.
Cheers,"

Last edited:

urymoto

Reaction score
Ok, ive received mine...
If they are fake, i will send the seller my congratulations, and will gladly keep them even at 140

I even weighted them 45 grams, exactly like oem specs...everything looks great. Its really weird....seems so suspicious, butnno matter how deep i dig, i find nothing

Seth Moody

Reaction score
Yeah, the aspects4u check 649s check out as well! Right weight, details, etc., and I'm not new to Persols- I wonder if they make their bread and butter off selling easier to fake Ray Bans, etc., and they keep the more boutique brands in their inventory to legitimize the whole site? I don't know, but I do know these real 649s only cost me 150$(!)- Maybe they're hot? Crazy...
Or maybe they're resold returns?

Last edited:

wsteiner

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of 714s from Ebay based out of Encino as well - called eyewear direct. Saying they are shipping DHL from Israel. I see one person on here says he can't find anything to indicate if they are fake. Any one else have the same experience?

angusangus

Reaction score
Stop looking gift horses in the mouth, people. I've a pair of 649s and 714s from Sunglass Hut and at least two pairs of each from eBay sellers in Israel and the USA. I've compared them in every detail and absolutely cannot distinguish the eBay ones from the Sunglass Hut ones.

It would make no business sense for counterfeiters to sell fakes so well made as to be indistiguishable from the real thing, but then sell in such small numbers via a couple of eBay accounts.

Conclusion? We have access to genuine Persols at amazing prices. I for one am not complaining.

Dylan Liddell

Reaction score
The first pair of Persol 714Sm i bought i had no doubt that they were real. They were the original 10,000 run, with the blue lense and black frame.

But the second pair i got much cheaper ($230 instead of $410 i paid for the original ones) are meant to be the rerelease, and i am unsure about them. black with the grey lenses. The case has a bit more dark patches in the leather, all the documentation matches up the same. The material used on the glasses all looks the same, all the joins look the same

they might be the size up, but they do look slightly different to my other pair. On my first pair the arms were really straight, and the new ones the curve in a bit at the end. I'm hopping they just changed the design slightly since the first run. The first ones did fall off my head a bit.

If they are fakes, they are really well done fakes. I could just be suspicious because i love my first ones so much, and i don't have the same attachment with the second pair.

vantablack

Reaction score
I had to return several very questionable 649s from theaspecs before giving up and pulling the trigger on a real pair of vintage RATTIs from an Italian seller.

fels326

Reaction score
I've purchased Persols from this seller 3 times, and they're definitely real. I got my first pair of glasses from my dad when I was a kid (Persol folding Rattis!!), and have been collecting shades ever since. Persol was always my favorite brand so I have a lot of them, and the three that I bought from that dude (two 649s and a 714) are for sure real.

-Jake D.
Hi Jake — I want to be sure of the eBay vendor you are referring to. Is it louthbird as mentioned in the post immediately above yours? The eBay seller I'm looking at is https://www.ebay.com/usr/areatrend

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads