• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persian Rugs

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your rug it should develop quite a nice ghost patina in years to come. Unfotunately with most rugs being vacumed instead of paddled it takes unreasonably long for them to loose some pigment.
I own a few rugs mostly from Samarkand and Bukhara and I always make sure that my room is not completely covered by a rug. Always leave some significant space for hardwood floor to show on the sides. Otherwise your rug might turn into a carpet.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I like your rug it should develop quite a nice ghost patina in years to come. Unfotunately with most rugs being vacumed instead of paddled it takes unreasonably long for them to loose some pigment.
I own a few rugs mostly from Samarkand and Bukhara and I always make sure that my room is not completely covered by a rug. Always leave some significant space for hardwood floor to show on the sides. Otherwise your rug might turn into a carpet.

<nods> I still live in an apartment (plan to move into a house within the next year). The rug was purchased with foresight - we plan to have a darker hardwood floor in the living room/den, where this rug will go under the coffee table.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
<nods> I still live in an apartment (plan to move into a house within the next year). The rug was purchased with foresight - we plan to have a darker hardwood floor in the living room/den, where this rug will go under the coffee table.

A glass coffee table perhaps?
worship.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both of you guys did well on your rug purchases. I hope to find something as nice; I need to cover my living room, dining room and bedroom floors in a new apartment.

atct86

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of E Sale Rugs?

http://esalerugs.com/

I have purchased two amazing Persian rugs from them; for super low prices. One runner was $90, and 50 years old, and then a larger area rug for $400.

Tarzan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atct86
Has anyone heard of E Sale Rugs?

http://esalerugs.com/

I have purchased two amazing Persian rugs from them; for super low prices. One runner was $90, and 50 years old, and then a larger area rug for $400.

If I had $54294 I would buy this
http://esalerugs.com/22051753
I saw all the pics and
wow.gif
It's definitely the most beautiful carpet I have ever seen.

Brent01

Reaction score
Persian rugs are incredibly beautiful representing the exquisite creativity of Persians. They are versatile, durable and always stylish that adds charm and beauty to every room they adorn. Persian Rugs are handmade products that are made through a procedure called weaving which can make to last for even years if maintained properly.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are my rugs. I remember where most of them came from.
P1060419.jpg
This came from Iraq. Its at the foot of my bed. It is also ridiculously soft. Turkmen prayer rug.
P1060420.jpg
It is about five feet long. What is most interesting about it is the tassels (I know nothing about rugs) at the end have this little bit of color woven into it which the camera didn't pick up. It looks real nice IRL. Here is the string...
P1060421.jpg
This one is from Turkey. It is about is a little shorter than my bookcase which is standard bookcase size? maybe two feet long. The red is much darker and deeper, almost a purple-y red.
P1060422.jpg
My mom got this for me in Nepal when I was a kid. That is the Tibetan sign for welcome on the tent. She's pretty sure she knows who wove the rug. Yeah, sorry I didn't vacuum it.
P1060424.jpg
A Persian rug purchased in Doha. The biggest one by far. Nearly as long as my bed and three and a halfish feet wide.
P1060425.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i got a good laugh going through this thread
lol8[1].gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0023.jpg
This one is small but it has a 2 fold pattern so it's more unique than most.
IMG_0022.jpg
This one is much larger but it's a 4 fold pattern so a little less unique but the size is great.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a great rug app for iPad. I think it's called Rugz or something similar.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I got a decent one on overstock.com recently. It's what I'd call mid-to-low range -- hand knotted, 200 knots per inch. Soft wool, substantial, very neatly made. Made in China, but a traditional design. Looks nice. Cost about half to a third of what you'd pay locally. I'm happy with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads