• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People that blow their horn for more than 10 seconds

gilwood

Reaction score
Yesterday I was coming out of the mall on a four lane road. I had to merge in order to take my exit. There were literally 3 cars on the road and I had to get between two of them. There was at least two car's length of space between, so I zipped in with no problem. But the rear car decided to blow her horn for a good 5 seconds. I was annoyed, so I took the right lane (it was a two lane exit) and zoomed up about 100 yards past both of them. I could still hear her blowing her horn as I was about 1/8 mile in front. I definitely think it was a woman driving. What compels someone to act like that?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sexual frustration.
People enjoy life and are more relaxed when they get it more often.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop your car in front of them, get out, and walk up to their window. I doubt they'll do it again.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i dont know what compels people to blow their horn for a long time , but that is besides the point. you may think you can zip in between people no problem, but just be a little considerate. some people dont have fast reaction times and a short distance of two cars length while moving can startle some ( i know it will startle someone like my mom) and can cause a possible accident.

why not just wait till they all pass and go after, in driving, it just makes a little more sense to yield, than to prove a point with a fast moving car. it endangers lives

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
why not just wait till they all pass and go after, in driving, it just makes a little more sense to yield, than to prove a point with a fast moving car. it endangers lives
If you yield to people driving around here (the NYC area), you'll never go anywhere. +1 on the horn bitches, especially at 3am in front of my apartment. These morons just don't get the fact that getting on the horn will not get them anywhere when there's traffic/people/other cars on the road.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Stop your car in front of them, get out, and walk up to their window. I doubt they'll do it again.

Or you'll never do that again when they pull out their LadySmith .357.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Sexual frustration.
People enjoy life and are more relaxed when they get it more often.

+1 i had the misfortune of dealing with one of the nastiest people i've met in years today. First time i ran into her i thought that maybe she just had a bad day.

This time i know there is more to the problem, lol.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
Or you'll never do that again when they pull out their LadySmith .357.

I think I can spot a ***** going for a gun.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I think I can spot a ***** going for a gun.

So you get out, walk towards their car like you're going to do something, then you do a 180 and tuck tail.

Or what do you plan to do when you get to the window? You know you're not going to do anything. I don't see much benefit to trying to intimidate this person. I'd just forget about it.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Sometimes people deserve 10 seconds

I turned the corner onto a one way street the other morning and almost had a head on collision with this fat woman going the wrong way. This woman was cruising along like nothing was wrong while people weaved around her. I was probably on the horn for 10 seconds but I felt like a message needed to be sent before somebody died.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
So you get out, walk towards their car like you're going to do something, then you do a 180 and tuck tail.
I can't foresee someone pulling a gun on me when I walk up to their car. If they did, I'd probably duck.
Or what do you plan to do when you get to the window? You know you're not going to do anything. I don't see much benefit to trying to intimidate this person. I'd just forget about it.
Calling women a dumb **** tends to get the message across. I can't stand the cranky old bitches who think their best asset for protection in the real world is an attorney. I've never encountered another type of person who's done this and the type I'm referring to is pretty easy to intimidate. Their entire reason for being obnoxious assholes is that they feel like nobody's going to do anything about it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

Very good way to wind up dead.

I have heard of a few instances of this resulting in killings in Atlanta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads