• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paypal dispute

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna start avoiding selling high price ticket on ebay in general, too much risk involved because its easy for buyers to go thru disputes to get their full money back (might even be worth their time)

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your feedback history is mad shady, you are asking for fraudulent buyers with no remorse to prey on you. Why do you have one single pic in your sweater auction for a damaged item? All your fault.

Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your feedback history is mad shady, you are asking for fraudulent buyers with no remorse to prey on you. Why do you have one single pic in your sweater auction for a damaged item? All your fault.

It was my first time selling on ebay, and I didnt know how to post imageshack pics, which now I do... Its lesson learned :embar:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I hope he's stupid enough to not put tracking on that, and I could file the "item not received" back, would that work?

Yes, that will work. If its over $250, it needs to be sent with a signature requirement. Under $250, just delivery confirmation. If he sends by slow boat, he will most likely lose.

Exactly what I want to say. This is what sucks with paypal, international shipping shipped USPS to other countries, most of time cannot request a signature.

And UPS FedEx is just ******* expensive

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm just gonna start avoiding selling high price ticket on ebay in general, too much risk involved because its easy for buyers to go thru disputes to get their full money back (might even be worth their time)

Not only ebay, even on forum, also be careful. More ebay/paypal policy explanation,

Ebay/paypal does not consider outside communication as a valid evidence. No matter it's forum messages, emails, or even videos. They only consider the ebay/paypal message system.

In another words, they can lie to paypal no matter what they say on emails.

Stylego

Reaction score

I only have the address of the camera delivered to 'babylon' which jripper gave me
524 stafford ave
Newark de 19711
We don't even know if that's a fake address or not lol
But the thing is, i'm in New Zealand and not from the States
Investigated further based on information I have:
- jripper forwarded me the following from his conversation on ebay with 'babylon' http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/viintage23/ebayissue2.jpg
- jripper forwarded me the following from his conversation on ebay with 'babylon' http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/viintage23/ebay.jpg
- Reverse address http://www.411.com/name/Jeffrey-R-Wainwright/Newark-DE/4ka98a6
- Timmy Von Duke's facebook as per paypal account http://www.facebook.com/timmy.vonduyke
- Timmy's phone number 302 593 3485 which was listed on his facebook

Oh, it's a real address alright. You can look right at the house if you care too...

I'm pretty paranoid anymore. The last high end bicycle I sold via a form, I checked out the dude's house on google maps to see if it "looked alright". That's when I knew it was time to stop selling.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Are you suggesting that do NOT sell any high-priced items online anywhere?

No. But no matter where you sell there's a risk. I'm saying selling on ebay or paypal will more likely to be fucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads