• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Tie Bars

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
So I found out that they often have sales 2x a year. Is pretty much everything discounted or is it spotty? I really like this tie bar but would not like to part with 158 bucks for it. Anyone have experience picking up PS accessories like this on sale? http://www.paulstuart.com/product_in...PRODCATID=2062 Sterling silver is sterling silver right? The Tiffany tie bar will be the same "quality" sterling as the PS, just different asthetic, correct? http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item...+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PS tie bar is quite nice. I really like. But I prefer to spend my money on shoes, shirts, ties and suits. I got one like the PS tie bar, albeit not silver. $15. No one knows and no one cares, and I get compliments just for having a tie bar.

But sorry, don't know if this will get discounted. If so, definitely nice to pick up.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
The PS tie bar is quite nice. I really like. But I prefer to spend my money on shoes, shirts, ties and suits. I got one like the PS tie bar, albeit not silver. $15. No one knows and no one cares, and I get compliments just for having a tie bar.

But sorry, don't know if this will get discounted. If so, definitely nice to pick up.

Really? Where did you purchase yours, if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by yfyf
I seem to remember they do get discounted at the sales.

Just what I was hoping to hear
smile.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
david donahue has some cool ones, believe it or not.

Last time i was at nordroms in King of Prussia they broke out a few really awesome tie clips.

Ralph Lauren has some awesome styles as well, but i have issues with their pricing on sterling silver accessories.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Affordable alternative to the PS clip that I, personally, prefer:

http://www.treasuredfinds.com/Produc...r-Tie-Clip.htm

Thanks for this Doc.

There are some nice finds on this sit for someone that loves Silver.

Has anyone seen the Australian Tiffany's site costs? Like up to three times what it would cost you after converting into AUD from the American site.

Hopefully I'll get a friend going that way again and I'll get them to just pick up all the things I want there, which is a few.

Sterling Silver was started by Tiffany's way back. It's industry standard alloy for silver, being a small amount of usually copper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads