1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paris hotel recoms (romantic) please

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Britalian, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

So, at the end of September I want to treat the gf for her birthday to a weekend in Paris. I'm interested in the left bank, maybe the 5th or 6th within easy walking of the Lux Gardens, Seine, etc. The hotel ought to be around 140euros per night and be in a quiet location, not a busy boulevard, have friendly service, etc.
    So over to you. I know some of you have experience with this city and I'd be interested to hear what you advise.
    thanks

2. Dr Gyggle

Dr Gyggle Member

The Danemark Hotel in the 6th (or 5th... I always confuse the order) arrondisement is very nice. Contemporary decor with a minimalist air to it, but not too spartan. Staff is very helpful and friendly and it is well situated for the things you mention. Very popular though so contact them asap. I think they have a website...?

3. ABALO

ABALO Senior member

Maybe slightly more expensive (from 150 €), but maybe a bit more romantic as well, you can try the Five Hotel, in the 5th, 5 min walk from le quartier Latin, les Arenes de Lutece and all...
    Design rooms, "murs scintillants" and "lit a baldaquin" for the GF

http://www.thefivehotel.com/index.html

4. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I found the Hotel Danemark reviews and plumbed for that one. Good reviews.

The other was a tad too Warhol/Bladerunnerish for our tastes. Not my idea of romantic, I'm afraid. Thanks all the same.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

My wife and I, partially for nostalgic reasons, have always favored the Hotel de l'abbey (probably butchered the spelling). It was once an abbey, so the rooms are quite small. But it's clean, pleasant, romantic, and conveniently located. Haven't been in years, so no idea if it's in your budget.

6. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Thanks for the Hotel d'Abbaye recommendation. It looks wonderful; stylishly restrained, as the blurb says. I'll certainly consider it another time when I'm a bit more flush.

for anyone interested: http://www.hotelabbayeparis.com/abba...-location.htm#

Looks like they've upgraded the appointments, and unfortunately the rates, since I was there years ago. It was relatively affordable then, at a time when I made less money than I do now (then again, the exchage rate was a lot better then). Have a great trip, wherever you end up staying.

8. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Grazie mille.

(I'll be paying with a Sterling Credit C. so a more favourable rate than for my Euros...)

[​IMG]

9. grunhauser

grunhauser Senior member

Hotel Britannique's ultra-convenient location and under $200 price tag per room is hard to beat.