• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

Kochegar

Reaction score
After 2 months of light use (1-2 times a week) and two times in moderate rain the welt starts to detach.

APHfKiT.jpg

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After 2 months of light use (1-2 times a week) and two times in moderate rain the welt starts to detach.

APHfKiT.jpg
Was there a hard impact on the sole at the front. I see some abnormal scar in the mid sole but a better frontal picture would help. From an impact at this zone of the sole and the presence of moisture, this could happen to any shoe. The remedy is quite simple at a good cobbler.

Kochegar

Reaction score
Was there a hard impact on the sole at the front. I see some abnormal scar in the mid sole but a better frontal picture would help. From an impact at this zone of the sole and the presence of moisture, this could happen to any shoe. The remedy is quite simple at a good cobbler.

Hello

Here's one more picture. Nothing criminal although.
79p8MY1.jpg

P.S:These paraboots provide supercomfort. I walked in these 10 hours without any foot pain/strain. Avignon will be my to go travel shoe.

J-F-O

Reaction score
My new Paraboots in navy calf. Changed the laces to brown. Nice quality shoes.

Attachments

• BFABD11D-5B7A-4D5C-B069-6ECC1E233810.jpeg
    BFABD11D-5B7A-4D5C-B069-6ECC1E233810.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 1,083

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paraboot used to use a Ridgeway style sole - a sort of knockoff of the Ridgeway. Anyone know when it was retired? They now have a custom made sole which has the letters RP moulded into the design. Can't say I'm mad about it but I'll receive my first pair tomorrow so will see how they are - although after reading Kochegar's review on page 2 I'm a little nervous about this purchase.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread appears to be low key. I received my Paraboot: 'Cambriole' which is basically the Chambord with a Ghille lacing - the leather is brown grain. I followed Paraboot's size guide - they fit true to size in this style. The last is quite short in the toe-box. The overall quality is good - none of the problems Kochegar experienced are displayed. If there is one main criticism it is the shoe is let down by it's sole - this appears to be their own proprietary rubber model - it is low profile and in my opinion quite poorly designed - I can see that it could lead to problems quite quickly when actually used. It is a shame because it wouldn't take much to improve this and make a pair of good shoes great.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad this thread exists because I happen to love the brand but unfortunately have a hard time finding it here.

Are there any US stockists?

Sammm

Reaction score
I recently got a pair of Michaels, in the dark brown pebble grain they did for Drake’s. Great shoes. I’m interested in the Reims and Chambord models as well. Do those run as large as Michael does? (I went down a half size from my usual size for Michael.)

cetrio

Reaction score
It' hard to say for the Reims.
I'm pretty sure most of people will wear the same size with Michael and Chambord.
I wear myself all my Paraboot (Chambord, Michael, Avignon and Reims) in the same size : UK8.
But the Reims are really narrower than the others and it's really possible you will need to upsize 0,5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads