• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Take the advice from Drinkwaters. They have been selling Paraboot for ages (from 1983).

cetrio

Reaction score
We often size down a half size on Michael but it all depends on your foot structure and the socks you wear.
Yes, I think it's also true with Chambord, Avignon, Imbattable, and many other models.
But I don't think that the Reims is made on the same last than the Michael.
Most of my shoes are in a 8,5UK size but all my Paraboot are 8UK.
But I know someone who wears 8UK on most of his shoes but 8,5UK for the Reims.
So, the foot structure appears to be the most important criterion on this model.

sinnottj

Reaction score
Paraboot Michael owners - I've noticed a few places that sell these shoes describe them as having a 'cushioned insole'.

What does that mean in practice? A leather insole with a cushioned heel pad like most goodyear welted shoes? Or something else?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paraboot Michael owners - I've noticed a few places that sell these shoes describe them as having a 'cushioned insole'.

What does that mean in practice? A leather insole with a cushioned heel pad like most goodyear welted shoes? Or something else?

It means that there is a layer of cork beneath the sock lining and insole to cushion the foot. Like a Birkenstock, the foot will mold the natural form of foot over time making them uniquely your shoes. Most Paraboots have a corked footbed. Unlike some shoes, there is no foam cushion under heel sock lining.

sinnottj

Reaction score
It means that there is a layer of cork beneath the sock lining and insole to cushion the foot. Like a Birkenstock, the foot will mold the natural form of foot over time making them uniquely your shoes. Most Paraboots have a corked footbed. Unlike some shoes, there is no foam cushion under heel sock lining.

Thanks!

Are they comfortable to wear in your experience?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope you and your team are doing well this COVID-19! I had recently bought a pair from a European site before realizing I could have found it stateside. ?

Thank you and our team is safe and well! We would have appreciated your business and we hope in the future you will come to us for sizing and style advice. We've been selling Paraboot since we opened in 2004 and I have sold Paraboot since the early 1980's when we launched it in the US at the now defunct Louis Boston. We are also the only Authorized Shoe Repair for Paraboot in North America.
Take Care!
Gary

Reaction score
Thank you and our team is safe and well! We would have appreciated your business and we hope in the future you will come to us for sizing and style advice. We've been selling Paraboot since we opened in 2004 and I have sold Paraboot since the early 1980's when we launched it in the US at the now defunct Louis Boston. We are also the only Authorized Shoe Repair for Paraboot in North America.
Take Care!
Gary

Definitely! Unfortunately I myself am not stateside, just have some some proxies there to help with shipping and such. If ever I get to visit the US, I’ll be sure to drop by! Gave the Instagram a follow as well. Cheers!

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
777ED0AF-98C6-4EAC-B467-8889949BC656_1_201_a.jpeg

It was a Michael kind of day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads