• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants

gqelements

Reaction score
Over the last 2 years I have noticed that the runway, as well as some off the shelf designers, were employing a much higher waist line. Pants are sitting significantly higher and the fly has been "˜extended'. This is evident in the latest Mui Mui and Versache collections. [I know they are by no means "˜quality' designers, bun none the less they do respond to general trends.] Basically the underlying message of his post is a complaint about having difficulty finding a nice pair of dress pants.... Anyone else notice this?

Brian SD

Reaction score
All my favorites are still using lower waist lines: Dior Homme, Jil Sander, Helmut Lang.

However, if you note the appearance and obsession over low rise pants among GAP, Express, Abercrombie, you know that it's about time the trend dies.

Although I am sick of seeing the pancakes falling off the platter, so to speak, I have to say I am addicted to low-rise pants on slender women. I guess I have thing for hip bones.

Len

Reaction score
Higr ise pants are quite flattering to the male figure, as long as he has a figure that can wear them.

The tall, slim men on the runway are not representive of the general male figure. As such, the selling techniques of the stye houses, I think, takes advantage of the male who looks at them and thinks he can be the same. Add a little belly into the equation and you have two alternatives. Let the high rise trousers fall down and create a bunch in your lower crutch (a belt will not hold these pants in place) or where suspenders.

gqelements

Reaction score
i find that although i do have the figure, this artificial waist line is still hard to uphold. it looks very unnatural and forced.
i do not advocate low rise, but a standard, average waist line. that's all.

quill

Reaction score
Is it an attempt to go back to the time when pants were made for braces, because the higher they sat, the better the drape of the pants?

Of course, the pants you're refering to probably don't have brace buttons. Is it maybe the Hollywood waist look that's coming back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads