Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Mar 24, 2010.

1. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

2. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good job, Ed.

I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Don't be ungrateful. I'm the one who convinced Ed to put at least one back pocket there so that the Average SF Joe (ASFJâ„¢) would have some place to store his partially consumed Egg McMuffinÂ[​IMG] while typing.

- B

Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

Well if you want a storefront where you can have a fitting room and can return at the register, then pants will cost you more than twice as much.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.
    What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

I thought the single back pocket was a reasonable compromise between these points of view.

How about this? No back pockets, but cargo pockets on the thighs?

Watcha think?

- B

9. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

10. A Y

A Y Senior member

Nice job Ed. Can't wait to see the official thread for these. And I can't believe no one's said that iGents can finally get in Ed's pants.

No backpockets for me, either. It's a weird feeling these days when I wear one of my RTW pants with backpockets.

--Andre

11. onix

onix Senior member

Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

Certainly there are some. However, many who don't use back pocket still want to have back pocket since without the back pocket the pants might look woman-ish to some non-SFers.

12. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I understand your concern but I don't really have the time to meet with people in NYC nor an appropriate venue for the pants to be tried on.

would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.

I can't really do a smaller rise as these are dress pants. The 30 has a 9 7/8 rise, the 32- 10.25, the 34- 10.50, if you go much lower, people will be able to tell what religion you are.

Good job, Ed.

I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.

Thanks, you sort of started this whole selling your own trend here on the MC forum.

lol

+1

I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

13. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

two usable exterior jacket pockets

For hands, WAYWRN pics.

and two front pant pockets

For hands, the rest of the time.

Curious minds, and all.

I usually carry a hankerchief in my rear pocket(s).

I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

Approved.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

So, I guess that you're nixing my cargo pockets idea.

- B

15. flatfront

flatfront Senior member

These look wonderful but if you think you have things bad in the US for RTW trousers you should count yourself lucky you don't live here in the UK.
    The market for trousers as a stand alone item of the wardrobe in anything other than about three colours seems to be the norm these days. Any wish for a trouser in any slightly different cloth or cut needs MTM. A real shame as I remember shopping with my dad years ago as a child and there being rows of trousers in all good shops arranged by weight/cloth and colour.