1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Bartolo

Bartolo Senior member

Ed, people would like the one pocket idea much better if you trademarked it: The Panta™ One Pocket™

2. haganah

haganah Senior member

Everyone will not need to size up, the fit will work for some, not work for others. That is the issue with RTW, there is no "normal" fit that would make everyone happy [​IMG] . One of my goals with the pants was not to have that excess fabric behind the thigh and calf that you see flapping about in some RTW pants. The measurements you posted would be a bit bigger than what I would like if I were buying size 34 pants.
    Are the pant legs shaped like actual legs or cylinders? These was an issue for Foo.

3. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Everyone will not need to size up, the fit will work for some, not work for others. That is the issue with RTW, there is no "normal" fit that would make everyone happy [​IMG] . One of my goals with the pants was not to have that excess fabric behind the thigh and calf that you see flapping about in some RTW pants. The measurements you posted would be a bit bigger than what I would like if I were buying size 34 pants.

I agree, I also hate the floppiness of RTW pants and always have mine slimmed

it's only really the knee that seems to be a bit off, Ed

I just measured the slim fitting RL made in Italy flannel pants and they're 10" at the knee and 7.8 at the cuff opening

4. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

[​IMG]

- B

he said couple

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

he said couple

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

6. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

How can I get a pair - post it on the front page. I want the cashmere one.

7. slappy

slappy Senior member

Yea Ill buy a pair also, if the knowledge of how to buy them gets put forward

8. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Ed - keep doing what you're doing.

[​IMG]

- B

Vox - keep doing what you're doing.

9. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

This thread is a study in SF patterns. Vox starts a thread about Edmorel in order to preemptively submarine a future Ed thread, ensuring this thread was about Vox from the beginning. After an impressive start there was a successful derailing of the thread based entirely on ass. It's never surprising when an Ed thread is derailed by ass, but the fact that it was Vox-ass was truly special.

This thread should be pinned as it truly has been exemplary thus far. I hope someone options it into a movie script.

10. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

This thread is a study in SF patterns. Vox starts a thread about Edmorel in order to preemptively submarine a future Ed thread, ensuring this thread was about Vox from the beginning. After an impressive start there was a successful derailing of the thread based entirely on ass. It's never surprising when an Ed thread is derailed by ass, but the fact that it was Vox-ass was truly special.

This thread should be pinned as it truly has been exemplary thus far. I hope someone options it into a movie script.

[​IMG]

11. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Getting this back on track - if there is any posibility of shipping these to Australia, put me down for a trial pair, with more orders to follow if they are nearly as good as they look in the pictures.

12. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

[​IMG]
    - B

- WHAT is WITH the PIRATE shirt?
    Can't you just carry your shizzit in a woman's tote, like the HK guys do?
    - B

- thank you

Good RUCK ED!

13. voxsartoria

- WHAT is WITH the PIRATE shirt?

It hides treasure and booty.

It's a plaid flannel shirt by Barba, which should have awakened whnay. from his chemically induced slumber.

- - thank you

Things are mysterious in the Orient.

- B

14. forex

forex Senior member

Vox,there is something wrong in the front,don't know what. It doesn't look balanced. Is that the infamous Allen Edmonds belt?

15. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Vox,there is something wrong in the front,don't know what. It doesn't look balanced.

I think the sleeve(of-wizard)pitch is slightly off.

16. Agnacious

Agnacious Senior member

The pants look great. Best of luck in your venture.

The back pocket is a small issue. I personally could not wear these without a jacket because the pocket is on the wrong side for me. Like all intelligent people I carry my wallet opposite my dominant hand, which for me is right, requiring a left back pocket. So I couldn't wear these with just a smart shirt without running the risk of confusing my ass and juggling my wallet from hand to hand like some cheap circus act.

This won't keep me from trying them out (once I figure out measuring), it does though limit my use. These are effectively no back pocket pants for me, which I would also be fine with.

Perhaps in the future pocket side could be selectable as well as a no back pocket option , thinking it would be easier to eliminate a feature rather than add.

Again, they look great and best of luck.

17. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

carrying your wallet opposite your dominant hand makes zero sense to me.

1 person likes this.
  18. voxsartoria

Is that the infamous Allen Edmonds belt?

Yes, but one of several.

- B

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

lol pirate shirt

20. braised

braised Senior member

Vox, missed it above: How doe we order? and can we submit cloth? B