• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pal Zileri window pane sportcoat

mell

Reaction score
I am looking at a Pal Zileri sport coat. Bright blue with a light lavender windowpane pattern. Looks really sharp and fits me well. The price I have been quoted is $875 off a $1250 retail. This is the white label line but it does have lapel handpicking as well as on the pocket flaps. Like I said, real sharp. How does the price sound? I have searched on the forum and found that many say this line should go for $300-$400 at most. I am not expecting a steal on this jacket but I don't want to get taken either. Your thoughts?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a large expertise in PZ items, but that price seems high. If it fits perfectly and you love it , that is fine.

For that price you can easily find Oxxford , RLPL , Belvest , and Isaia which are better in quality.

I think that is more than I paid for than any pure cashmere Kiton blazer I have purchased by a big amount.

Also, aren't there some Bespoke tailors that can make you a jacket in that range ?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$850 to $1200 is the retail price for a Pal Zileri white label jacket.

Here at the forum I have miss-accustomed the forum members to get them for around $200-$300, because I can get them here on sale periods with up to 80% off retail... my fault
wink.gif

They are indeed great jackets and suits, well made, god fit and nice details. I have several and wear them all the time.

Tell me your size maybe there is something we could get.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EUR 48 ? or US 48 ?

I hardly ever have seen any L or S, mostly R

check out the jacket you liked and see the size on the label

Fabro

Reaction score
Lakewolf has done more to open the eyes of stylish North Americans to Pal Zileri than run of full page ads in Men's Vogue. We may get it cheap, but when people comment on how good we look, we tell them about PZ. I have a PZ overcoat that's amazing and always gets positive comments. It's great word-of-mouth marketing.

Pal Zileri should send lakewolf a few cashmere sartoriale jackets in his size to thank him.
laugh.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks ksm !

I don't think they would like to thank me, they would like you to buy them at full retail instead !

Anyway, I am very fond of PZ white label, full canvas construction a wide palette of fabrics and nice cut. I love the lapel roll and how fresh is the feel of the jackets and trousers compared to any fused or "standard" suit. Can you imagine why some people pay $2000 for fused Gucci or D&G suits ? the label isn't worth $1700 to me
smile.gif

I also like Canali, Corneliani and off course Brioni and Kiton. I have the Brioni shop three blocks away from my home so I can go and window-drool. But as I can get those PZ at those prices, paying $4000 for a Brioni suit seems crazy.

True Brioni is maybe 2 or 3 times better, but I am satisfied with what I have now.

And If you talk about PZ sartoriale, this is another level....

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an owner of two PZ items, I think they are among the more under-valued. One is a very light summer weight light gray w/p. One of my favorite sports coats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads