• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P Johnson MTM

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's called: post-BIG lunch shot. My stomach has the ability to expand phenomenally in the wake of a gigantic, albeit satisfying meal.

As for crossing arms and popping buttons, thank you for your concern but there's never been a problem.

Let me try again right now...

(Crosses arms and looks out for killer flying button)

Nope.

No problem at all. :happy:

Well said, and good on you for being brave enough to post pictures here. Suit looks nice....counting the weeks.

quar

Reaction score
CEP, drop your arms into a natural position and things would look better. Love the colour of the suit.

Get Charles to make your button-down's with a bit of collar space. They'll look better that way.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's two P Johnson fit pics I've been promising for a while.

Fabric is Loro Piana French Navy S120.

Suit deets: SB and 2 button; notch lapel; double side vents; soft shoulder; hand finished; side-fasteners on the pants; 5-inch cuffs....

5-inch cuffs?!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CEP, drop your arms into a natural position and things would look better. Love the colour of the suit.

Get Charles to make your button-down's with a bit of collar space. They'll look better that way.

Thanks for the advice.

Actually considering getting him to provide a little more tie-knot space on my collars, both this BD and my usual semi-cutaways; an easy fix for him.

5-inch cuffs?!

Ahhh; I meant 5cm cuffs; good catch. :D

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I walked past that shop today at lunch time. Have had some work done there but not orded any complete shirts.

Have you got any PJ shirts? How do you think they would compare?

Also, are you happy with your sleeve lengths?

Shirts are actually pretty good. I'm wearing 1 of my 4 PJohnsons today; sky blue pencil stripes on a white ground.

Sleeve lengths are fine, pretty much spot on.

Maridale

Reaction score
I agree, Patrick's shirts do not get enough press. I have a few of his shirts and all fit superbly.
Also, some other MTM brands charge more to narrow sleeve/cuff, but my P. Johnson shirts are snap shut at the wrist, with no extra charge.

Likewise with fabric, Thomas Mason at P. Johnson are ridiculously affordable compared to other MTM houses.

Interestingly though, as much as I love all of the product, I appear to one of the few that didn't have the greatest experience. Mainly because of double or triple-booked appointments, and the subsequent lack of service as a result. This must have improved though as no reference has been made of this recently on SF (if ever).

"6"

Reaction score

Popped in today to see Tom, pick up my second pair of pants for the navy suit and order my second commission (another three piece in a mid-light grey fresco from Dougdale and Bros).

Bad news is that it sounds like prices are about to go up in response to wool prices - didn't ask how much.

Tom showed me a light grey Dougdale Bros 3 piece with mid-brown horn buttons when I went to the showroom last Thursday. Have I caught a glimpse of your commission there Check?

Regardless, hows the Dougdale Brother's fabric treating you? I commissioned a business suit from that book myself recently. Gotta love the substantial English fabrics.:slayer:

CHECKstar

Reaction score

Tom showed me a light grey Dougdale Bros 3 piece with mid-brown horn buttons when I went to the showroom last Thursday. Have I caught a glimpse of your commission there Check?

Maybe... ;)

Regardless, hows the Dougdale Brother's fabric treating you? I commissioned a business suit from that book myself recently. Gotta love the substantial English fabrics.:slayer:

Haven’t picked it up yet :fu: … should be getting it Friday… He did mention that a client ordered a two piece version after seen my finished commission in the showroom.

I was actually a little surprised when I saw it, I remember it been (only) marginally darker, but I am sure I can make it work :D

Last edited:

"6"

Reaction score

Maybe... ;)

Haven’t picked it up yet :fu: … should be getting it Friday… He did mention that a client ordered a two piece version after seen my finished commission in the showroom.

I was actually a little surprised when I saw it, I remember it been (only) marginally darker, but I am sure I can make it work :D

It looks great. Much more rakish than the duller version I got which is 1 shade darker than yours (if that is indeed yours). But patch pocket detailing should keep things interesting :)

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're in trouble now, Check.

Won't be able to suffer RTW again, which means you'll just have to keep feeding the addiction!

Like me. :D

Picked up my P Johnson suit and shirts last week. Very happy with them.

Goodbye Off the Rack, hello Made to Measure. (Goodbye finances).

Last edited:

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iBlokes

I posted earlier this week about my recent P Johnson commission with some notes detailing changes to my usual pattern for a classic grey suit.

Con rollino
1110051621.jpg

1110051631.jpg

V

Spalla Camicia
1110051611.jpg

untitled1.jpg

http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/11058463975/cover-your-ass-there-is-a-common-misconception
Enjoy

kickstart

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful Guido. Your style is immaculate.

I need to book an appointment with P. Johnson, just waiting for Christmas to get closer so I can justify spending the money on myself!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads