1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

P Johnson MTM

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Prince of Paisley, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Hey T, how are ya?

Was working in Parra last year and visiting Charles so often, I thought I'd bump into either Sator or you.

Either shirt making op is fine IMO. Like you, I have had the benefit of using both and will continue to do so.

Cheers mate.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Well, that's quite possibly because H&K and T&A have unfused collars! Of course, collar stiffness is also influenced by the interlining that is used, too.

3. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

We could have cross paths, use to see Sator there a fair bit. I haven't been to Charles for a while. I mainly use Ascot Chang for my shirts now.

4. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

This thread has gone quiet.

Any recent pictures people feel like sharing?

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Michael, have you had a look at the PJohnson tumblr (http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr.com) - there's a treasure trove of stuff in the archives there.

6. Nerdy86

Nerdy86 New Member

My second suit from PJ

A 2 piece suit - (Mid Grey - S 130)

[​IMG]

7. cheungish

cheungish Well-Known Member

8. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

I just picked up my first suit from P Johnson today, and given I chose them because of the positive reviews on this forum, I thought I had better add to the positive feedback about P Johnson Tailors.

I got a two button suit in french navy.
    - hand finished;
    - black horn buttons;
    - wine red lining;
    - extra pair of trousers.

All up it set me back roughly 2.3k (500 dollars for the extra trousers for those who want to know).

The suit is immaculate; it fits perfectly as you would expect. I was very impressed by the initial fitting - all the more so because when I went in for the second fitting the only alterations were to take the chest in ever so slightly (looked like 1cm) and to take the pants up by 0.5cm.

Even more impressive was the level of service provided by everyone at P Johnson Tailors. My initial consultation was with Patrick, but everyone I dealt with from P Johnson - either in person or over the phone - was extremely friendly and helpful.

Completely satisfied and I will definitely be going back once I can justify to myself splurging on another suit.

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen. I might come back and post pics once I wear the suit out for the first time.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sartorial Scum

Sartorial Scum Senior member

Hey, SF'ers. First post on here but I have just gotten fitted and picked my options for a suit at PJohnson but also ordered one from Patricks other brand SuitShop. I will be getting both of them by December-January and will post pictures for you to have a look and compare both if interested.

2 people like this.
  10. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Sounds good! Would love to read your thoughts on how SuitShop measures up.

11. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Agreed.

12. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

13. Sartorial Scum

Anyone who has had suits cut at PJ's got an idea of what actual Turn around time is?

I remember when i got my mtm at Herringbone, i was quoted 5-6 and ended up being about 9 weeks.

14. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

My experience has been anywhere from 4-8 weeks (picking mine up today, 8 weeks after order).

I think they quote 6-8 weeks for suits but if you need something specific I sure they would try to help you out. Get in touch with them to find out.

15. Sartorial Scum

Cheers, ill just have to be patient. Good things take time.

Also was looking at a few shirts off the website but I figure it would be better to go in and get them done MTM.

Wonder if its much difference in price to the online store? Anyone know?

16. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Add a week to that if you have alterations made at your second fitting.

17. centrix

centrix Senior member

sooo if i wish to make a suit here at a later date, should i make a shirt here first? or should i just go with someone like peter nacklhe

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

If you're thinking of a shirtmaker based out in Parramatta, it's Charles Nakhle.

I don't think that you'd have a have a shirt made at P.Johnson before you have a suit made although, if you'd like to have a shirt made, there's also no reason why you couldn't have a shirt and a suit made at the same time.

19. centrix

centrix Senior member

It's more of a lack of available funds thing. Any advice is welcome

20. Romp

Romp Senior member

Centrix - sorry I only just realised there was a P.Johnson Thread - feel free to come in for a shirt. No minimums and good way to see what we can do.

FWIW if anyone in NYC or CHI is interested in P.Johnson we are conducting our inaugural trunk show next month. We will be returning every 7 weeks for fittings. Details as follows:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are excited to announce that our first two North American trunk shows will be held in New York and Chicago on the following dates:
    -
    New York, February 17th - 19th
    The Towers - The New York Palace Hotel - 455 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022
    -
    Chicago, February 20th - 22nd
    For location details please contact bonnie@pjohnson.com.au
    -
    To secure an appointment or if you have any queries please email bonnie@pjohnson.com.au