• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxford Shirt to Wear Untucked

canvas01

Reaction score
I've done a search but can't come up with anything besides Band of Outsiders which is out of my price range. I'm just looking for a basic light blue oxford shirt that can be worn untucked. I don't like the overly curved hem of J. Crew Oxfords. I prefer the fit of H&M, but their Oxfords have chest logos.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If BoO is out of your price range i'm not too sure of what to suggest, i was coming in here ready to say Thom Browne (eponymous label not black fleece). His oxford shirts are the best on the market right now, and they look great untucked, with jeans, sleeves rolled up, with khakis, anything. More than I can say for the Black Fleece version (cheaper at $150 but i felt like a walking piece of cardboard when i tried one on thats how stiff it looks)

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I picked up the blue RRL oxford from the Denim Bar and it is the perfect oxford to wear untucked.

canvas01

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can see this shirt online because I don't see it on the Denim Bar's website? Also, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought a bunch of shirts from Jcrew for ~$20, took them straight to the tailor to be shortened, taken in and having darts inserted. Should be ready to wear untucked this weekend.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that price range, anything you find that is not J Crew is going to be a huge step down from J Crew. It's your business, but the hem shape seems like a really minor detail. Not to mention that any other kind of hem looks out of place on an OCBD.

That said, the forum's own Kent Wang (of Kent Wang Pocket Squares) and Get Smart (of Thick as Thieves) are doing a collaboration to produce slim-fitting oxford shirts, which should be available very soon and cost around $100. There should be a thread about it in buying and selling.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out hickeystyle.com's "deal and steal" section. Last time I checked, they had some on sale for less than $100. I'm not 100% on how they fit exactly, maybe someone could chime in with more info on how they fit.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Check out hickeystyle.com's "deal and steal" section. Last time I checked, they had some on sale for less than $100. I'm not 100% on how they fit exactly, maybe someone could chime in with more info on how they fit.
Slim fit, but not the slimmest. I believe BoO would have more of a taper than Hickey. Hickey quality is really fantastic though, and definitely worth what they go for on sale. Oh and G.V. Conte on yoox is very very slim, and meant to be worn untucked like BoO. Straight out of the box it is probably the most fitted of any shirt I own (and high arm holes). You can find a few in the Yoox Sample Sale for around 40 dollars (or on yoox for around $120). Just check out for the collars before buying, they occasionally use pretty wide ones.

converge

Reaction score
I think it all depends on your height. If you're a short guy, it doesn't matter what brand you try, the shirts will always be too long. The best thing to do is find a shirt that fits in the shoulders and have the bottom hemmed to a length that looks better untucked. I've found this is the best solution, even though shirts short enough to look good untucked usually don't stay tucked if I ever need them to be.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Another vote for the RRL blue oxford from Denimbar. Excellent shirt all around! Fit is great, awesome construction, decent price. No tailor necessary. ($100 shipped).

Here are some pics from the blog:

100_3500.JPG

100_3514.JPG

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your not a tiny person, most oxfords could be worn untucked imo. Lands end (hyde park), boomerang, gant... I wear BB oxfords untucked aswell, but that might be on the long side if your shorter than 6´3. EG is great aswell, love the vintage cut with the gussets.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they're oxford, but AA has started making collared button down's for $50. Going to swing by and check them out later this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads