• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

overrated foods/dishes

stayclassy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LTJazz
The recent bacon craze. While tasty, it does not belong on, in, or around all foods. Not to mention, there are some other very tasty pork products one can enjoy aside from bacon.

Like Fatback

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
youre absolutely crazy!!

+1, especially if it's grilled.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i meant to say deep fried calamari. grilled is good.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I don't know about Momofuku Ko, but the rest of David Chang's restaurants are terribly overrated. The dude can't even speak Korean.

jasperjasper

Reaction score
1. Offal
2. Raw Oysters
3. Raisins

TheButler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stayclassy
^ calamari just cant be prepared wrong
You just need one plateful of rubber bands to disprove that theory.
laugh.gif

Calamari is great as long as it is fresh and not overcooked. It's easily ruined though. I'm guessing people who find it over-rated haven't had it done properly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheButler
You just need one plateful of rubber bands to disprove that theory.
laugh.gif

Calamari is great as long as it is fresh and not overcooked. It's easily ruined though.

Here is a question: wtf does Ontario have against calamari? I've never once gotten good calamari in Ontario. All my family back home there thinks I'm nuts when I tell them calamari should not be big rubber bands, but after several tries, in several cities in Ontario, I know why people that live there think calamari = chewy rubber bands.

I've concluded that, for some reason, Ontario gets substandard product.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to head into Toronto and find a good Cantonese place. Order salt and pepper calamari. Deep fried goodness with tender calamari

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
You need to head into Toronto and find a good Cantonese place. Order salt and pepper calamari. Deep fried goodness with tender calamari

If I'm in TO doing Chinese food, which happens about once very three years, I'm more interested in other stuff. I can easily get good calamari, prepared in numerous ways, where I live now. My recent visit back home to Ontario reminded me about the sorry state of calamari there.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
pizza of any kind
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Pizza to me is one of the few dishes that break the 'price to quality' ratio. It's the best tasting fast food yet somehow also the cheapest ($8 a large pizza, shared between two people). I even prefer it to some average restaurants that charge $15-20 a main. Put simply a well prepared pizza with great ingredients is a force to be reckoned with in my books, both in price and taste. And paradoxically I find restaurant pizza to taste worse than the kind you get from Vinnie who gives you a free garlic bread with two pizzas or more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads