• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these boots for New England winter?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These boots look as though they would be great for the worst days of winter. I bet they'll keep your feet very warm and dry. As to quality, I've had nothing but good luck with RL shoes.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice boots, but no way I'd pay $700 for them.

They are overpriced particularly since they have a shearling lining. Shearling is great, but it doesn't command that kind of a price point imo

If you are looking for a rugged pair of winter boots that can take a beating, there are better options such as the Army Surplus or Carhartt

Since you are doing "city walking" only that might not be your objective, but even still ... no reason to buy these boots; they seem designed for "farm work."

CrimProf

Reaction score
I bought some RL shearling boots that looked pretty close, but they weren't anywhere near that expensive.

Here's a link to the boot...

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

They keep my feet warm enough (in upstate NY), but aren't lined around the foot itself, but rather the tongue of the boot and around the ankle/calf. And they aren't waxed leather, and so do not resist water without some help from a spray of water repellent.

azianboy8

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and options. Any idea why these boots are so damn expensive except that they're RL?

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by azianboy8
Thanks for all the responses and options. Any idea why these boots are so damn expensive except that they're RL?

They are overpriced particularly since they have a shearling lining. Shearling is great, but it doesn't command that kind of a price point imo

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cleav
They don't look like a $325 boot.

Keep your money

FTFY

kcc

Reaction score
hmmmmm I would consider Aigle, which are a third of the price and with the remaining cash you can purchase a sleeker looking city shoe.

azianboy8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
why not redwing GT ?

Just wanted something different that's all.

I was looking for something with a thick vibram-like sole too. And something that would be waterproof. But something that still looked good IMO.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll keep an eye out for something else.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Just wanted something different that's all.

I was looking for something with a thick vibram-like sole too. And something that would be waterproof. But something that still looked good IMO.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll keep an eye out for something else.

dude is selling vibram sole paul smith

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=148623

MKB

Reaction score
...Not sure if they're worth $700+ though. Want to get a nice pair of boots for New England winters. Mostly city walking, no crazy snow or anything. Thoughts?

They're only worth $925 if they come with a $700 hooker. Seriously, you can go "different" without taking it up the @$$. As said, check out RW.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgeclinton